Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• 101 moons,I’m turning off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Great fun, has swallowed a lot of this evening. Not as addictive as Zelda so far but I’m only scratching the surface. This weekend is shaping up nicely.
  • Story mode complete now for the fun of 100%ing it
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26966
    I too have played far too much of it. I’m going split-joycon which is clearly how it was designed. I’m not sure there’s a way to do the spin attack without motion? I’m relying on that a lot, otherwise I’d be happy with the pro controller
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, I'm still at Blazing Star and am 2nd in the Caravan Mode rankings.  2 million in 5 minutes is a pretty big task, I have an idea of how it's done, but it's actually doing it.  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited October 2017
    Well, I'm still at Blazing Star and am 2nd in the Caravan Mode rankings.  2 million in 5 minutes is a pretty big task, I have an idea of how it's done, but it's actually doing it.  

@bingefeller - after I saw you post, I went and bought this. Never played it at the time. Love a shooter, just been caning it on the train. 

I know it wasn't really a heads-up, but thanks none the less!
  • randella said:
    Well, I'm still at Blazing Star and am 2nd in the Caravan Mode rankings.  2 million in 5 minutes is a pretty big task, I have an idea of how it's done, but it's actually doing it.  

@bingefeller - after I saw you post, I went and bought this. Never played it at the time. Love a shooter, just been caning it on the train. 

I know it wasn't really a heads-up, but thanks none the less!
    NP!  It's probably my favourite horizontal shooter ever.  One of the best shooters ACA games on the Switch, and only £6.29!!  Glad you're enjoying it.  
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I've got a Switch! Mario delivered Friday - still sealed on Monday! Been another busy weekend plus Stranger Things.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I've got a Switch! Mario delivered Friday - still sealed on Monday! Been another busy weekend plus Stranger Things.
    Ive yet to play Mario.

I watched Stranger things instead and had some decorating to finish off.
  • I've got a Switch! Mario delivered Friday - still sealed on Monday! Been another busy weekend plus Stranger Things.
    Cool!  it's a great machine, you will love it.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    I have it on pretty good authority that father christmas will be delivering one to my 10 year old autistic son subject to good behaviour of course.  Bearing in mind his extremely low tolerance for waiting (my son, not father christmas) will it take me long to set it up out of the box and get him racing around on mariokart?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26966
    munckee said:
    I have it on pretty good authority that father christmas will be delivering one to my 10 year old autistic son subject to good behaviour of course.  Bearing in mind his extremely low tolerance for waiting (my son, not father christmas) will it take me long to set it up out of the box and get him racing around on mariokart?
    No, it's a very simple setup. Power into dock, HDMI cable into TV and Switch into dock and you're pretty much done. There's probably a minor screen calibration I've forgotten about as well but I'm sure it's super-quick.

FWIW Mario Kart has a variety of optional assists if anyone has little'uns who need a little help (mild auto-steer, auto accelerate).
  • munckee said:
    If I remember correctly you are probably better off starting it in handheld mode - there is a bit of typing which is easier on a touch screen, and when linking your joy cons it wants them to be plugged in anyway. It may also be worth setting up a nintendo account on the computer since it's a bit easier to set it up that way than on the console. I'm not sure if it insists you do so, but I'm pretty sure it wants you to.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    Thanks Littlethoughts and Stickyfiddle.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16668
    Just  found a picture on the ipad.   I assume this was from the 5 year old and not my wife

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Just hit 500 moons. Brilliant game - but so many more moons left to get!
  • Doom and Rocket League are out today I think!!!
  • Just “killed” Bowser in Mario. Now on to 100%-ing it. That could take some time!!
  • Im only on 138 moons on Mario - had it for a week but have been taking my time