Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• If anyone is interested the splatoon 2 splatfest is saturday evening 5pm-9pm -  a free online multiplayer demo. You can download it now (just look for new releases in the eshop, search by price) and complete a tutorial and pick your side for the battle - cake or ice-cream. Also for the love of god turn of motion controls in the menu and set it to use the right stick for look in all directions, not just right and left.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/July/Cake-or-Ice-Cream-Time-to-choose-a-side-with-the-Splatoon-2-Splatfest-World-Premiere-demo-event--1243182.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    You need to persevere with motion controls, I struggled going back to normal controls after playing the Wii u version.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    DanR said:
    You need to persevere with motion controls, I struggled going back to normal controls after playing the Wii u version.
    If anyone is interested the splatoon 2 splatfest is saturday evening 5pm-9pm -  a free online multiplayer demo. You can download it now (just look for new releases in the eshop, search by price) and complete a tutorial and pick your side for the battle - cake or ice-cream. Also for the love of god turn of motion controls in the menu and set it to use the right stick for look in all directions, not just right and left.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/July/Cake-or-Ice-Cream-Time-to-choose-a-side-with-the-Splatoon-2-Splatfest-World-Premiere-demo-event--1243182.html
    I find the controls in Splatoon really hard to get used to and I lost the head with it and gave up after about 10 minutes to be honest.  I will re-download and try your tip here.
    Anyone bought any of the Hamster ACA games?  I forgot how hard some of those old games are.  The ones I have are:

Nam 75
    Samurai Shodown IV
    Fatal Fury
    Garou MOTW
    King of Fighters 99
    Waku Waku 7
    Magical Drop II
    King of Fighters 98
    Shock Troopers
    Alpha Mission II
    Metal Slug
    Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
    Blazing Star
    Last Resort

Garou and Waku Waku 7 are my favourites at the minute.  Garou is one of the best fighting games I've ever played.
    Anyone bought any of the Hamster ACA games?  I forgot how hard some of those old games are.  The ones I have are:

Nam 75
    Samurai Shodown IV
    Fatal Fury
    Garou MOTW
    King of Fighters 99
    Waku Waku 7
    Magical Drop II
    King of Fighters 98
    Shock Troopers
    Alpha Mission II
    Metal Slug
    Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
    Blazing Star
    Last Resort

Garou and Waku Waku 7 are my favourites at the minute.  Garou is one of the best fighting games I've ever played.
    Is the emulation good.

There's a good few I'd like to buy.
    DanR said:

Nam 75
    Samurai Shodown IV
    Fatal Fury
    Garou MOTW
    King of Fighters 99
    Waku Waku 7
    Magical Drop II
    King of Fighters 98
    Shock Troopers
    Alpha Mission II
    Metal Slug
    Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
    Blazing Star
    Last Resort

Is the emulation good.

There's a good few I'd like to buy.
    Yeah I find it good.  You can even set filters on the picture to give you things like scan lines.  If you are familiar with MAME then it's just like playing that on a small screen.  
    edited July 2017
    Anyone else think the Switch needs a proper d-pad?   It's hard to nail moves accurately with the stick on fighting games and the d-pad just feels weird - it's like 4 buttons spaced out from each other and just doesn't feel like a proper D-pad.  

Apparently this is one of the patent files for the Switch...

it looks like they have designed a d-pad left joycon, but haven't released it.   I wouldn't get the use out of a pro controller as I rarely play on a big screen.
  • Anyone else bought splatoon 2 yet? I just ordered it, should have it by the weekend. Let me know in terms of forming a team for ranked battles (although will take a little while to get rank up to even compete first).

Yeah I've got it.

Although my niece has been playing it more than me.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2386
    Picked up Splatoon 2 - quite liking it so far, although I've only done single player!

Feel free to add me - friend code SW-6432-8071-8144
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2017
    Psikyo games are coming to Switch via a company called ZeroDiv.  They have already released Strikers 1945 and Gunbarich.  I got Strikers and it's amazing, plus you detatch your JoyCon and play it vertically!

https://seafoamgaming.com/2017/08/03/more-arcade-titles-from-zerodiv-coming-to-the-switch-eshop/
  • PSA: If anyone is after I am Setsuna or Tumbleseed both have 33% off. Tempted by both!
    PSA: If anyone is after I am Setsuna or Tumbleseed both have 33% off. Tempted by both!
    I'd be more interested in Tumbleseed......

Anyone have it?   

• PSA: If anyone is after I am Setsuna or Tumbleseed both have 33% off. Tempted by both!
    I'd be more interested in Tumbleseed......

Anyone have it?   

I've heard good things, especially since they patched it recently - it was punishingly hard but they have added a non-procedurally generated section at the beginning, and rebalanced power ups etc. to make it a bit fairer...
  • Just bought Sonic Mania, it's a lot of fun. It's a complete fan service but still very enjoyable. Beautiful and excellent soundtrack.

Lots of nice little nods to past games, the reference to Dr Robotnik's mean bean machine was great.
    I've been enjoying Sonic.

Looks like there's a good few zones aswell.

Can't decide if using save points is cheating though.
    Oh yeah, Sonic is out, I just realised.  I might pick it up over the weekend....although I hate when you get killed and have to go back the start of the level or the last checkpoint you hit.  Very annoying!!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    Sonic is fantastic. Hopefully the success of this one will mean the team will get put onto a full remaster of all 4 originals (including S2&K and S3&K please!), then a full blown 100%-new 2D Sonic. 

I have to say though, the blue sphere stages were much easier when I was 10. I'm pretty tired this week but I failed hard at every single one last night.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Sonic is fantastic. Hopefully the success of this one will mean the team will get put onto a full remaster of all 4 originals (including S2&K and S3&K please!), then a full blown 100%-new 2D Sonic. 

I have to say though, the blue sphere stages were much easier when I was 10. I'm pretty tired this week but I failed hard at every single one last night.
    it will take a while to get into the way of it again ;-)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    So I caved and got Splatoon. I'm slowly getting the hang of the motion controls, but having fun getting there
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires