Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• PSA: If anyone is after I am Setsuna or Tumbleseed both have 33% off. Tempted by both!
    I'd be more interested in Tumbleseed......

Anyone have it?   

yep I have it, its hard a fook but very good, control system is very smooth.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Anyone got Graceful Explosion Machine?  It's really good!  Makes a change from horizon and vertical scrolling shmups.  You fly your ship in a cave and blast enemies and try to rack up a high score.  Lots of fun,
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I'm waiting for Sine More Ex as my next game.

Despite being tempted by a few Neo-geo games I'm trying to be sensible.
    DanR said:
    I'm waiting for Sine More Ex as my next game.

Despite being tempted by a few Neo-geo games I'm trying to be sensible.
    It was meant to be out earlier this month, but they took it off the eshop altogether.  I'm gonna get it too.

Strikers 1945 is great if you're after a cheap shmup.  
    Yeah I saw it was due it same day as all other versions.

Hopefully it's not a bit broke.
    I quite like the look of Flipping Death, Hunt down, 8 Bit Armies, Owl Boy, Monster Boy and Aces of the Luftwaffe 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Since I downloaded Sonic Mania its been getting a lot of play time.

Takes me right back, and kind of just feel 'right'. Can't put my finger on it though!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    I'm getting hooked on Splatoon 2. It's really simply but with plenty of depth and great fun once you get the hang of the controls. It helps that I don't suffer the same lag through Nintendo's network as I do with PSN. 

(I think the lag is because I'm in the UAE, but playing through UK accounts on both, so where Nintendo just give me a Union Flag and let me play with whoever is online, Sony funnel me through their UK servers which buggers my ping)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I am enjoying Mario Rabbids, its a turn based combat game with some great elements.
    I am enjoying Mario Rabbids, its a turn based combat game with some great elements.
    Is it fast paced action?
  • I am enjoying Mario Rabbids, its a turn based combat game with some great elements.
    Is it fast paced action?
    not really no, I am in the early stages but enjoying it, you basically move around the worlds find hidden secrets and have fights which are turn based without timer.
    I am enjoying Mario Rabbids, its a turn based combat game with some great elements.
    Is it fast paced action?
    not really no, I am in the early stages but enjoying it, you basically move around the worlds find hidden secrets and have fights which are turn based without timer.
    Ah right, not sure if I'd like it much to be honest.  I prefer fast paced action games.  

There are a few good looking indie games coming out, will definitely have to check them out.  Rayman also looks pretty good!

• October 27th will be the day the Switch takes over my gaming life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Zed Blade is available for download now.  It has a great 90s rave soundtrack.  

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/zed_blade_brings_shmup_action_to_the_switch_eshop_next_week

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/zed_blade_brings_shmup_action_to_the_switch_eshop_next_week

I think I will get that tonight.
    DanR said:

I think I will get that tonight.
    It's class.  

Im hoping to see some Cave shooters on Switch, but I'm doubtful.  Bug Princess 2 and Deathsmiles would be fantastic.  Maybe Psikyo will release Gunbird 2 as a surprise.  
    I'd like the cave stuff to be ported over.

I'd love to play Radiant Silvergun again and Ikaruga again aswell.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DanR said:
    I'd like the cave stuff to be ported over.

I'd love to play Radiant Silvergun again and Ikaruga again aswell.

Steam have some Cave games and you can get some on Android and iOS too.  Deathsmiles doesn't work good on iOS, but any vertical shmups do.  You can also use an emulator..... ;)

I can't see any reason why Cave wouldn't release for Switch.  If they physically released them I would very happily buy them all, I would even pay a high price for import copies. 

If you like shmups you check out Graceful Explosion Machine.  You are a spaceship flying around a cave and you have 4 weapons to shoot enemies with.  It's really good stuff, although quite different from the usual vertical and horizontal shooters.  Have you ever seen the film Oldboy?  There is a scene in it where the lead character is fighting a load of guys in a hallway.  Graceful Explosion Machine reminds me of that - you against a load of enemies and they are all coming towards you.