Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited October 2017
    DanR said:
    Yup I'm looking forward Mario.

Shame it's out same day as the new Wolfenstein.
    I’m not sure either will steal sales from the other!
    Well id like both but can't justify two new games on same day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26977
    DanR said:
    DanR said:

FWIW Mario will be £50 for at least a year, Wolfenstein will be sub-30 by January...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited October 2017
    DanR said:
    I'm looking at getting Golf Story, Axiom Verge, Sine Mora Ex and Stardew Valley.

Mario will be a day one aswell.

Is everyone buying on carts or just downloading?
    @DanR - I've been speccing out a gaming PC for a while, had the money, woke up in a bad mood with horrible back pain so Mrs. R. took my savings to Game and brought me back a lovely Switch. It's incredible. I'm in the club. 

I've played Sine Mora before, but downloaded it on Switch and it's lovely. If you've got £25 to drop, do it. 

I guess we've done this already but it seems to me that someone has yet to show Nintendo how the internet works. Jeez Louise, what a faff. Anyway, I'm  there now.

Mightily impressed with the console and I've yet to hook it up to my big gaming telly. Tomorrow is a write off
  • DanR said:
    DanR said:

FWIW Mario will be £50 for at least a year, Wolfenstein will be sub-30 by January...
    Mario won't even be £50 on release...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Mario-Odyssey-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01MUA0D2A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508003891&sr=8-2&keywords=mario+switch
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • was umming and ahhing whether to go cart or code for Mario but now the file size has been revealed (5.7gb) I have gone code.. I have a 128gb card installed but mainly want that for the ever increasing eShop only downloads. 5.7gb is okay though.
    was umming and ahhing whether to go cart or code for Mario but now the file size has been revealed (5.7gb) I have gone code.. I have a 128gb card installed but mainly want that for the ever increasing eShop only downloads. 5.7gb is okay though.
    @strumjoughlamps - it looks like you're in luck then, the digital version has been discounted to match the Amazon price...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-16-jelly-deals-super-mario-odyssey-discounted-digitally-pre-launch
  • randella said:
    was umming and ahhing whether to go cart or code for Mario but now the file size has been revealed (5.7gb) I have gone code.. I have a 128gb card installed but mainly want that for the ever increasing eShop only downloads. 5.7gb is okay though.
    @strumjoughlamps - it looks like you're in luck then, the digital version has been discounted to match the Amazon price...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-16-jelly-deals-super-mario-odyssey-discounted-digitally-pre-launch
    yeah that was the other factor, same price cart or code £39.99 Amazon
    DanR said:
    DanR said:

Mario won't even be £50 on release...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Mario-Odyssey-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01MUA0D2A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508003891&sr=8-2&keywords=mario+switch
    Ok, 40 quid. It still won’t get much discount any time soon. I’m going full-download so I’m paying whatever Nintendo is charging.
    How do amazon digital buys work? Do they send you a voucher code by post or email it at, like, a minute past midnight on release day?
  • How do amazon digital buys work? Do they send you a voucher code by post or email it at, like, a minute past midnight on release day?
    looks like it cos when you choose the digital download version it says......

This item will be released on 27 October 2017 at 00:00 GMT
    Sold by Amazon Media EU S.à.r.l.
    Access your content the minute it comes out. 
    You will receive an e-mail when this item is available. Learn more
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    randella said:

Quick question, isn't a cart better as you can trade it in when you've had enough of a game?

I see most games are available as a digital download but are usually the same price (or even more expensive) than a hard copy, so what's the motivation for buying digital?
  • underdog said:
    randella said:

Quick question, isn't a cart better as you can trade it in when you've had enough of a game?

I see most games are available as a digital download but are usually the same price (or even more expensive) than a hard copy, so what's the motivation for buying digital?
    yes and I mainly buy carts, but Mario will be going nowhere.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    underdog said:
    randella said:

Was a genuine question, my daughter buys a lot of digital games for PS4, could never understand why though, thought there was a secret I was missing out in :D

I would have thought digital would have been cheaper, as they must be cheaper to produce than hard copy.
    I very rarely trade in and as much as I like boxed stuff is rather the ease of digital games nowadays.

Half the time your lucky of you get more than £5 for some games.
  • Any of you guys got Sine Mora? That game eats battery pretty quick!  It looks amazing though.  The actual levels aren't too bad, but the bosses are pretty challenging enough.  I keep going back to Blazing Star though!  
    It's an easier decision for me in AbDab as hard copy games cost 269 AED when new here, which been north of 50 quid anyway for the last couple of years. Add to it that, historically, I almost never sell Nintendo games, and I travel a lot, so it makes sense to have everything on the system itself rather than having to carry a bunch of carts with me. 
    Any of you guys got Sine Mora? That game eats battery pretty quick!  It looks amazing though.  The actual levels aren't too bad, but the bosses are pretty challenging enough.  I keep going back to Blazing Star though!  
    It's on my long list of games to pick up.
    edited October 2017
    underdog said:

Was a genuine question, my daughter buys a lot of digital games for PS4, could never understand why though, thought there was a secret I was missing out in D

I would have thought digital would have been cheaper, as they must be cheaper to produce than hard copy.
     @underdog - you would think that wouldn't you, but digital is almost always more expensive.  There's been a lot of conjecture as to why, my feeling is that there are a certain number of people who will do it for the convenience and the companies are maybe trying to retrieve a bit of the margin they lose due to second-hand sales of physical media.

I always tend to look at the digital prices, shake my head, put on my shoes and walk to the shop to buy.  Not everyone has the luxury though of living 15 minutes from a choice of shops that sell games, so my feeling is that it's a little cynical to whack a massive markup on digital.

Hopefully it'll even out as fewer and fewer people by physical media.

I quite like having carts for portables, but discs for 'home' consoles, not so much - only ever because they're cheaper.  That's just me though, slightly odd I guess
  • DanR said:
    Any of you guys got Sine Mora? That game eats battery pretty quick!  It looks amazing though.  The actual levels aren't too bad, but the bosses are pretty challenging enough.  I keep going back to Blazing Star though!  
    It's good, you should get it!  

Doom is coming out soon as well!  It would be nice if it had a classic mode as an easter egg.
    DanR said:
    It's good, you should get it!  

Doom is coming out soon as well!  It would be nice if it had a classic mode as an easter egg.
    It's nearly lunchtime and I have my Switch with me, going to hit the breakout area and play some Sine Mora.  I've not been this excited about a new console in years.