Lonestar Strat thoughts??

What's Hot
I am trying to decide whether to move this to the sales listings.
I am generally more into telecasters but have a 1998 Lonestar strat. It is in very good condition, Candy Apple red, Pearly gates at the bridge and Texas Specials in the middle and neck.  Callaham block and arm fitted, schaller locking tuners.

Are these interesting or just an American Standard with knobs on?

An image for reference

http://i.imgur.com/7yOxcwT.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    The only difference is the pickups, yours has a Duncan Pearly Gates in the Bridge and Texas Specials in Neck and Mid.
  • The chassis of these guitars  (and the HH Big Apple Strat) is exactly the same as the American Standards of the same period, so it is just the pickups which were different. I don't remember the details of the pickups in the Big Apple Strat, but these original Lonestars have a Pearly Gates Plus in the bridge - wound very slightly hotter than a standard Pearly Gates, with an A5 magnet (instead of A2) and exclusive to Fender i.e. not in the Seymour Duncan catalogue/ available to purchase separately. To the right buyer I would guess the guitar would fetch a small premium over an American Standard, but you may get more if you returned it to original condition and sold the Schaller and Callaham bits separately (assuming you still have the original parts).
  • The chassis of these guitars  (and the HH Big Apple Strat) is exactly the same as the American Standards of the same period, so it is just the pickups which were different. I don't remember the details of the pickups in the Big Apple Strat, but these original Lonestars have a Pearly Gates Plus in the bridge - wound very slightly hotter than a standard Pearly Gates, with an A5 magnet (instead of A2) and exclusive to Fender i.e. not in the Seymour Duncan catalogue/ available to purchase separately. To the right buyer I would guess the guitar would fetch a small premium over an American Standard, but you may get more if you returned it to original condition and sold the Schaller and Callaham bits separately (assuming you still have the original parts).

Big apple strat has an off the shelf Pearly gates in the bridge and a 59' in the neck 
  • I have all the original parts. Assuming I left the Callaham block in place but returned the original tuners what would be a reasonable asking price?

• SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    I'll give you £100, but you'll have to deliver it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITE said:
    I'll give you £100, but you'll have to deliver it.
    Aye, I asked for that but was hoping to avoid the sarcastic lollers if I do list.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Browsed some prices and they seem to be popular in Japan so might try listing on Reverb. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    I have all the original parts. Assuming I left the Callaham block in place but returned the original tuners what would be a reasonable asking price?

I got mine for £300.  Great guitars.

• Grunfeld said:
    I have all the original parts. Assuming I left the Callaham block in place but returned the original tuners what would be a reasonable asking price?

I got mine for £300.  Great guitars.

That is not a bad price. I love the sound of a strat but have the same problem as Robbie Robertson. I just do not get on with the middle pickup.  I am thinking of selling this one to go towards one of Robbie's signature models with the middle pick up moved to nearer the bridge.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Wish I'd never sold mine. 
  • antifash said:
    Wish I'd never sold mine. 
    I might be able to help you out there.
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
  • I have listed on Reverb at a fairly speculative price and listed here at something more reasonable.
    I am not really a collector and there is a specific PRS I am after. Having guitars (and other stuff) about that I do not use stresses me somewhat. Up until about 18 months ago, I went for 25 years with the same guitar. I will be keeping it to three in future.