Not my amp but a friends - one for the tech guys.

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
Basically he is selling a splawn because there's a fault on it. He has tried to fix it but can't do he is selling it really rather cheap.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/guitarexchange/permalink/1361255860620711/?sale_post_id=1361255860620711

Anyone any any ideas on what it could be as he is losing a lot of money. Apparently splawn won't send schematics. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734

I've only seen a couple of Splawns, and not this model.

They aren't very complicated amps, so should be repairable without a schematic, although intermittent faults are usually the worse to diagnose.

Regardless, I think this episode shows the merits of having a UK based service centre for your products......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Or @ICBM in your home town :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72295
    Or amp companies who aren't dicks about customer backup...

As jpfamps said it shouldn't be impossible to fix for any reasonably experienced tech though, even without a schematic.

Who's closest?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    @jpfamps great point. 

Even so, it's been into a techs several times and he couldn't fix it without the schematic 
    Well this amp is in West Yorkshire 
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    shaunm said:
    @jpfamps great point. 

Even so, it's been into a techs several times and he couldn't fix it without the schematic 

That, in my view, is not a great result.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited April 2017
    If he wants advice on what's up with it, it might make sense to elaborate on the problem.  If I had the room I'd have gone for this, but it's listed as sold now anyway.
    Cacofonix said:
    If he wants advice on what's up with it, it might make sense to elaborate on the problem.  If I had the room I'd have gone for this, but it's listed as sold now anyway.
    Crikey, didn't take long!