A looper you don't need to double-tap

What's Hot
ijontyijonty Frets: 32
Hey all

I have the tiny Ditto Looper which is great for the price. However, I'm finding that it sometimes needs more foot-taps than I can efficiently do during a song. Essentially because there is only one footswitch to do everything.

Perhaps this is obvious, but what I mean is, I can record a loop as normal by tapping to start, tapping to stop. But then if I want to turn off the loop later in the song so I can play a chorus, but then put it back on again, I need to double-tap to stop, which throws my rhythm right off.

Presumably I just need a pedal with separate start and stop switches (or better foot/brain co-ordination)? What model of looper would be best to upgrade to?

Cheers,

Jon

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Akai Headrush E2

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    The infinity is amazing - and there are a couple for sale on here at the minute 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    The infinity is amazing - and there are a couple for sale on here at the minute 
    indeed
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    Thanks all!

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    edited April 2017
    ICBM said:
    Akai Headrush E2
    Thats what KT Tunstall used.  Easy to use, brilliant for live impromptu stuff but no facility to save loops.  I had one, but sold it and got a Boss RC3 - 99 memory slots, 3 hrs recording, plus 10 drum beats, compact, LED display, & built like a tank.  Brilliant looper but a bit awkward live with just the single pedal - BUT I had 2 x latching Bespeco VM22's pedals that I plugged in to make it super easy to use (just £5.99 each from DV247 - don't get screwed by silly Boss prices!).  

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Digitech JamMan Solo or JamMan stereo - both take SD cards to save or upload loops.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Voxman said:
    ICBM said:
    Akai Headrush E2
    Thats what KT Tunstall used.  Easy to use, brilliant for live impromptu stuff but no facility to save loops.  I had one, but sold it and got a Boss RC3 - 99 memory slots, 3 hrs recording, plus 10 drum beats, compact, LED display, & built like a tank.
    Yes, KT using hers is a perfect illustration. In the end I sold mine and got a Boss RC-1... I know it's much more limited but the Akai was too big, won't run on batteries, and the Boss has that useful LED display. I do miss the ability to undo the overdubs though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    Jalapeno said:
    Digitech JamMan Solo or JamMan stereo - both take SD cards to save or upload loops.
    The Solo (at least the XT version I have) will require an additional FS3 footswitch* for single-press stop functionallity.

The obvious answer to the original question would seem to be the two button version of the TC Electronic Ditto ('Dual Ditto'?) - assuming the second footswitch is for stop (as would seem practical)?

* Or make your own like I did - it's a fairly simple circuit. Or I believe Bright Onion do a version that is probably cheaper than the Digitech one.
    Jalapeno said:
    The Solo (at least the XT version I have) will require an additional FS3 footswitch* for single-press stop functionallity.

The obvious answer to the original question would seem to be the two button version of the TC Electronic Ditto ('Dual Ditto'?) - assuming the second footswitch is for stop (as would seem practical)?

* Or make your own like I did - it's a fairly simple circuit. Or I believe Bright Onion do a version that is probably cheaper than the Digitech one.
    Good point. All these suggestions sound great, but probably way too clever for me. I thought the Ditto x2 had a second switch, but for FX. I've looked at the manual online though and looks like you can use it to stop too.

• ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    edited April 2017
    Ditto X2

2 x switches with added stuff.

one switch works exactly like the ditto, the second switch stops it (also has a half speed function and reverse function at the flick of a switch).

I may be selling my X2 as I would prefer the original Ditto due to it's simplicity and the fact I only use it for practice.
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    ellangus said:
    Ditto X2

2 x switches with added stuff.

one switch works exactly like the ditto, the second switch stops it (also has a half speed function and reverse function at the flick of a switch).

I may be selling my X2 as I would prefer the original Ditto due to it's simplicity and the fact I only use it for practice.
    Want to trade? Plus whatever's fair to make up the difference?

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Digitech Jam Man Stereo. Mine is surplus to requirements now I have  a Trio+

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/83074/fs-digitech-jamman-stereo#latest