1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • But it's cool?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    holnrew said:
    Good

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1297
    Cue more of everyone driving along looking at the speedo as much as anything on the road itself.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    edited April 2017
    Weekly wage? I've retired and drive a C63.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    sinbaadi said:
    Cue more of everyone driving along looking at the speedo as much as anything on the road itself.
    If you've got to look at the speedo all the time to know if you've sped up or not, you should hand on your licence, because you're clearly not up to the job.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2797
    Reading the comments below the article it seems that there is no change to the current system (apart from a small tweak to Cat. B).  The wage thing is only if it gets to court.  The writer may have interpreted it wrongly (according to the comments).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, as fair as I am aware this is not applied for Fixed Penalty Notices, only if you speed so excessively that you can't get one or you choose to challenge the FPN and go to court voluntarily.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107

Q.what would Philip green have to pay?

A. Nothing ...

his chauffer would be fucked though  ...still he can always get another slave.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    octatonic said:
    Yes, as fair as I am aware this is not applied for Fixed Penalty Notices, only if you speed so excessively that you can't get one or you choose to challenge the FPN and go to court voluntarily.
    Wow - if that's the case then it's more a way of punishing people who challenge a ticket. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1297
    Sporky said:
    sinbaadi said:
    If you've got to look at the speedo all the time to know if you've sped up or not, you should hand on your licence, because you're clearly not up to the job.
    Well apart from where you see everyone playing that 55mph game on the motorway sections with the roadworks, it's the way everyone's awareness switches off when they approach a speed camera because the number on the dash becomes more important than anything else.  A penalty for 31mph is nonsense at any rate, but, and I don't care how in tune with the car you think you are, anybody can drift from 30 to 31 without doing anything and absolutely without noticing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited April 2017
    How are speeding fines a result of the politics of envy? Pretty much any car is capable of speeding. Pretty much any driver I know can tell they're doing significantly over a speed limit without looking, as long as they're paying attention to their driving.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2017
    sinbaadi said:
    Sporky said:
    sinbaadi said:
    Well apart from where you see everyone playing that 55mph game on the motorway sections with the roadworks, it's the way everyone's awareness switches off when they approach a speed camera because the number on the dash becomes more important than anything else.  A penalty for 31mph is nonsense at any rate, but, and I don't care how in tune with the car you think you are, anybody can drift from 30 to 31 without doing anything and absolutely without noticing.
    FWIW speedometers in the UK are all set under the true speed.
    You can check this using a GPS device (or a phone).
    Set cruise control in the car to 30 and the GPS will read (probably ) at 28mph.
    The reason is there is a legal requirement for car manufacturers to not have the speedometer read under the true speed, so they all set them a couple of MPH over the true speed, erring on the side of caution.

They can read slightly differently from one vehicle to another.
    We have 4 vehicles (all BMW's) in our household.
    The two cars will be doing 28 when cruise is set to 30 and 67 when cruise is set to 70.
    The two bikes will be doing 27 when cruise is set to 30 and 66 when cruise is set to 70.

So if you get done for doing 31 in a 30 then your speedo would be likely to be reading 33 at a minimum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2099
    Good, it might dissuade the cnuts doing stupid speeds through our 30mph village. I pointed at the sign that shows your speed tonight while walking the dog to some such dipshit who took offence and stopped to remonstrate. Apparently he was going to 'do me' next time he saw me. I enquired as to why it wasn't possible right now, he got back in his car and drove off. Odd fecker.
    9reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

the cops are out in force with their radar traps in Essex at the moment.

all over the brow of a hill , hiding in drives.

nicking people for doing 35 in a 30 on roads that have no accidents

It's just another council tax.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It won't dissuade anyone until they've been caught at least once. I still see as many people on their phones 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • the cops are out in force with their radar traps in Essex at the moment.

all over the brow of a hill , hiding in drives.

It's just another council tax.

No, it's an idiot tax.
     Behind the wheel of a tonne or so of metal & unwilling/unable to keep its speed within a legal and well advertised limit? Pay a fine. Simple. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom

So what, raise the speed limit until there are accidents?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

There are plenty of very dangerous roads that need policing,.

But they have no where for the cops to hide to catch people.

much more EASY money to collect where a 40 slows to 30  on a hill.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

much more EASY money to collect where a 40 slows to 30  on a hill.

Only because there are enough people who can't work all the pedals in their car.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom