Boss GT-100 Output Select

FaffFaff Frets: 29
Dunno if I'm going mad, this has me a bit perplexed.

I have had at GT100 for around 6 months and have discovered the following to do with the System / Output Select.
As it is in the System menu, I have always assumed it is a global setting applying to all patches. Seems the right way to go I think.
When I do gigs with a house amp in place, I try a few outputs - sometimes JC-100 or Stack or into the power loops I use the Return versions.  

My patches are all ready setup and this is just to tune to the house amp.

However, I have just found to my surprise that the output amp setting is saved with each patch. So I have ended up with different patches with different outputs selected. This makes for hassle when I turn up and then need to change the output for each patch and save it there and then. 

Surely, this should be a global setting so that you set it once and it applies to all patches? In fact, I can't believe that I have only just noticed this and am sure something has changed. 

Does everyone else's work like this?

Guitarist for...  HEY PIXIES - The UK's most gigantic PIXIES tribute band
http://www.facebook.com/heypixies
"We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    I don't have a GT-100, but if it's like some of the other recent Boss units you can select it either way. It sounds like you've got it set to 'Patch' rather than 'Global'.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• longilongi Frets: 95
    edited April 2017
    It might be set up for a patch save function rather than a global setting. I haven't found a patch select-able setting for the outputs on my GT-100 but then I haven't looked. Boss have added a bunch of system wide functions through various updates so it wouldn't surprise me.
  • FaffFaff Frets: 29
    Thanks.
    After much angst for ages, of course I found the setting pretty soon after my posting.
    There is a setting to make the output per patch or global.

It's in System / Preferences.  Pretty obvious really.

I swear I never changed it! :)

Guitarist for...  HEY PIXIES - The UK's most gigantic PIXIES tribute band
    http://www.facebook.com/heypixies
    "We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."

• longilongi Frets: 95
    Ahh good to know. Glad you got sorted. 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Till I saw this thread is thought it was ONLY a "global" setting. But I prefer it as "flat across the board" ;-)