Wildhearts

What's Hot
trolleytrolley Frets: 88

So, recently I've heard a few Wildhearts songs - Vanilla radio, Caffeine Bomb, I Wanna Go Where the People Go - and I'd like to listen to more. Don't suggest Spotify please - I know it's ideal for this but I don't like them.

Anyway, what about a greatest hits? Is there one with all the above on? Anything else you'd suggest?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes... It's called "The Works" its a triple disc and is rather excellent. 
    I know there are a few fans on here.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897

I've got one. Its imaginatively called "the best of the wildhearts".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Wildhearts-Wild-Hearts/dp/B00000762H

• @Bucket is your man for Wildhearts recommendations

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited April 2017
    The Best of the Wildhearts is good - all earlier stuff IIRC. Not sure if there's anything containing the earlier stuff that would also have Vanilla Radio on it though, that's a more recent song.

If you want actual albums, starting with the first two isn't a bad idea - Earth vs The Wildhearts and P.H.U.Q. (my personal favourite) are killer - that's the classic material that they're best known for. Endless Nameless is pretty weird - deliberately abrasive and nasty. The Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed is fantastic - much more of a punk album. The self-titled "white album" is killer - much heavier and with a more progressive slant here and there. Chutzpah is also great - perhaps more melodic and restrained than the white album but with a similar kind of vibe.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    First two albums are bonafide classics
    'Fishing For Luckies' is an album they released not long after those two just for their fan club(!), but got re-released and still is full of utter corkers.

The new stuff is alright but for me Ginger just doesn't have that snarl and swagger that he used to have back in the 90s.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    First two albums are the pick.
  • Don't be happy just worry and earth vs are my favourites.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Remember seeing them plenty of times supporting bigger bands in London in the early 90's playing all the songs from The best of... and Earth versus... Great times! The start of my giving career.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Yup, as most here say, the first 2, especially Earth Vs which is an absolute classic and features My Baby is a Headfuck which is the last song Mick Ronson played on just a month or so before he died.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • StageStruckStageStruck Frets: 102
    Earth Vs The Wildhearts is one of the truly great albums of the 90s. PHUQ has it's moments too, a bit more commercial than Earth Vs, but still a good listen

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    Thanks to this thread i was blasting out wildhearts in the kitchen last night while i was cooking. 

Forgotten quite how awesome they were
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    yeah, the first two albums are great, fishing for luckies is good too.  I saw these guys a few times in the 90's always up close and personal and they just put on a fantastic show.  The newer stuff that Ginger is doing isnt really my thing. 
    They are in my opinion a vastly underrated Uk band that never got the exposure they deserved.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    I was always put of bu Ginger himself.