SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Fender Custom Shop 60 Strat Heavy Relic HSS Time Machine REDUCED £1650

Frankel84Frankel84 Frets: 102
edited May 2017 in Guitars £

Sold

Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster '60 heavy relic in 'as new' condition. No damage, wear or issues, other than the factory aging.

Bought on the bay a couple of months back, it's a fantastic guitar and sounds awesome, but the neck is just fractionally too much for my, ahem, tiny withered hands!!! Some might say a laydeez hands, but they'd be slapped down with a calfskin elbow length glove. Anyway, I digress...

It's a mid 60s oval C profile neck and for those familiar with Fender's current shapes, It's very comfortable, but with fractionally more girth (easy tiger) around the shoulders than say a 59 or 62. Neck spec is .820 at the 1st, .930 at the 12th.

So clearly, it's absolutely no baseball bat Nocaster, I'm just used to something a tiny bit skinnier in my 57 AVRI. I'm probably so used to a mild V that the C's shoulders are catching my attention more than they would anybody else.

Neck has almost no finish save for at the heel and headstock, and feels amazingly silky as a result.
Check out the rest of the specs on the, erm... spec sheet.

This is a fairly rare model as it features a Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck humbucker at the bridge position - which offers a load of grunt on drive settings, however still retains that classic Strat rear pickup sound, albeit with a bit more output. The bridge pickup is also wired through the second tone pot to take the 'ice pick' frequencies off should you feel the urge - a no-brainer mod (all done at the time of manufacture by the CS team).

The guitar features Texas special front and middle pickups which sound proper classic. Position 2 splits the humbucker for the traditional strat 'out-of-phase' tone.

The guitar comes with the Custom shop COA, original case (which has a few minor snags on the handle and end caps from storage, which all adds to the relic mojo imho!), hang tags, bridge cover, polishing cloth, spare switch, spec sheet and keys for the case. It does not come with the tremolo arm unfortunately, as it wasn't originally supplied. But it takes any standard vintage spec US thread arm. Currently set-up with 5 springs and the trem down to the body on 10-52s, but is perfectly happy floating 9s if that's your thang.

Collection from just south of Luton (5 mins from j10 on the M1) very much encouraged, but shipping ok at your risk. Courier cost dependent on location, speed of delivery and whether you want insurance or not. Usual thing, the longer it's out in the wild, the more chance of it coming a cropper. But it's your call. I've sent vintage Strats to Australia, so know how to pack 'em, matron.

“Don't bore us, get to the chorus!”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Frankel84Frankel84 Frets: 102
    Curiously, plenty of interest on ebay from Italians! But would much prefer a UK sale if poss.

Make me an offer...
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1057
    Very cool strat. Glwts 
  • Frankel84Frankel84 Frets: 102
    Thank you @mburekenge it is mighty fine. I've already accepted a couple offers on here, which haven't, ahem, followed through. So here it is at £1650.