Which pedals on your board are always ON ?

What's Hot

Comments

• EskiEski Frets: 35
    MI Audio crunch box into a clean amp - sounds great to me and covers pretty much everything I need.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I don't think anything 100% but the Carbon Copy probably 80% so that turning it off is basically the effect. Odd really as I had one before and didn't like it but I seem to have fallen in love with the second one. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Lately the HOF mini is on all the time, Carbon copy on most of the time. 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4529
    A  Rowin boost that the distortions run into but is also my clean tone when they are off
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Nobels odr1... not always on but I feel like i turn it off rather than on if you know what i mean
    Snap!  That expresses it really well too.
    I guess because of the type of music the band plays the OD is nearly always on.  And what I love about that Nobels ODR-1 is that I don't hear it.  It's not transparent by any means but it's not smearing its own sound over what I've set my amp up for.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    When I use the pedalboard, the reverb of the Flint and the EP PRE are always on. Reverb for obvious reasons (no verb on the amp) and the EP PRE because it makes everything sound amazing. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    Tumnus or JR Blue Note (depending on which board is in use) always on and cleaned up with guitar volume when required. Vahlbruch SpaceTime nearly always on.
  • Fairfield compressor is always on. Also found a lovely low-gain tone on The Elements that I have on most of the time, and I use the RYRA Klone as the boost.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    One or another comp always on, sometimes both. Analog delay and phase mostly on.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665

Like Gearmandude says, Reverb sucks

You take advice about something 'sucking' from a man who wears snake skin cowboy boots without any sense of irony?

Oh

Kay
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2575
    tFB Trader
    what music are you guys playing that the compressor is always on? country?
     I used to use one allot, but don't really need it anymore with the way I have my guitars set up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    Board consists of

Radial Big Shot input switcher
    Pitchblack tuner (on a spur from the Big shot to mute output when tuning).
    Dunlop Wah
    Blackstar HTdrive
    BOSS OD-1
    Arion SOD-1
    BOSS BF-2 flanger
    Danelectro CC1 Cool Cat Chorus
    BOSS TR-2 tremelo
    BOSS RE-20 Echo
    Aphex Type C Aural exiter
    BOSS RCL10 micro rack Comp and Gate

I tend to leave the Comp set subtle and always on as well as the noise gate. The benefit of a more consistent output to the HRD combo being the choice when swapping guitars (the big shot also has a gain trim on one intup socket).

Otherwise I dance on the pedals but don't twiddle them on stage, the combinations of basic good settings being enough when taken with the 'right' guitar for the cover song if possible.

Oh and yes it's big and heavy!

• what music are you guys playing that the compressor is always on? country?
     I used to use one allot, but don't really need it anymore with the way I have my guitars set up
    The comp I have isn't particularly country-squashy, it adds fullness and sparkly punch to the tone, fantastic with delays and big reverbs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    I'll play. Within the AxeFX I have a chain of modelled pedals. Two are permanently on. A studio compressor. It's very light, with a soft knee. The other is medium room reverb to stop things sounding too dry. Everything else, including big reverb, is kicked in as needed.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    My Fairfield comp has been pretty noisy, so I tried taking the comp out, leaving the Klone first in the chain, then the Blues Driver (the JRockett version), and used the pushed clean channel on the Rectoverb instead. Very very happy with the result. No need for an "always on" pedal.
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    When playing strat or tele I have an old CS2 always on for clean tones or to give drive tones a bit more push - have it set more like a clean boost though with only a hint of compression.
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    citizen68 said:
    When playing strat or tele I have an old CS2 always on for clean tones or to give drive tones a bit more push - have it set more like a clean boost though with only a hint of compression.
    This is what I'm wondering, whether the pushed setting on the Rectoverb clean channel negates the need for a compressor.
  • For me its:
    Compressor (SP)
    Boosters (EP and SHO)
    Noise Gate (Decimator G string)

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    citizen68 said:
    This is what I'm wondering, whether the pushed setting on the Rectoverb clean channel negates the need for a compressor.
    Absolutely - only thing I'd say is it's nice to have the compressor there so I can turn up the compression for the odd occasion I need that country 'squished' type tone 
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Klon.