Pedal Storage

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26921
What do people do with pedals and stuff when they're not using them? 

I'm having a major tidy up of the whole flat and that includes "guitar corner". Guitar cases themselves are no problem, but I'm wondering what people do with all the other crap? Spare straps, parts, etc and particularly pedals.

I have a big cupboard that's half full of assorted guitar-crap, including pedals in a box, but it doesn't feel very planned. Any ideas?

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I'm sick of them getting covered in dust, I'm contemplating some kind of glass case but it seems a little OTT.
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    I'd bag that loose battery up This is a truck battery but you get the idea
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Really Useful Boxes are good - stackable at the same size, sturdy, easy to open.  I always prefer having translucent storage boxes plus when I'm not being lazy I put labels on them too.  You can get them online or B&Q usually have a bunch of sizes in stock.  They aren't the cheapest storage boxes but they're nicer than the cheaper ones you can buy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4685

Sell them pretty much.   
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    No use = sell for me. Must be a form of OCD but I can't bear to own things I don't use, hence you often see "for postage only" classified ads from me so that they at least go to a good home.
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I have one of those Ikea expedit 2x2  units in the music room which has a lidded box in each compartment. Two of those are full of pedals. I separate each layer with bubble wrap. It's kept them in good condition for the last few years, although I think I'll need to commandeer a third box as the first two are rammed.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26921
    edited April 2017
    dindude said:
    No use = sell for me. Must be a form of OCD but I can't bear to own things I don't use, hence you often see "for postage only" classified ads from me so that they at least go to a good home.
    Yeah, i can't be doing that! What's left is mostly quite special stuff that's been integral to rigs of old, or specifically rare awesome things (Valvesporker), or just plain old sentimental value (my BYOC comp - first build and an easy gift from MrsF when we were "new", and Surfing Bear TS-clone, which was a cheapie bought on our trip to Japan last year). 

I might sell a couple more fuzzes, and maybe the Liquid Sunshine and Archer once I'm up to speed in Helix land. But pedals are still fun - I don't want to sell all of them!!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    dindude said:
    Yeah, i can't be doing that! What's left is mostly quite special stuff that's been integral to rigs of old, or specifically rare awesome things (Valvesporker), or just plain old sentimental value (my BYOC comp - first build and an easy gift from MrsF when we were "new", and Surfing Bear TS-clone, which was a cheapie bought on our trip to Japan last year). 

I might sell a couple more fuzzes, and maybe the Liquid Sunshine and Archer once I'm up to speed in Helix land. But pedals are still fun - I don't want to sell all of them!!
    Anyway, you're dead to me now, now that you're running with the digital heard.
    dindude said:
    dindude said:

Anyway, you're dead to me now, now that you're running with the digital heard.
    It's ok - I might've gone digi, but I'm simultaneously considering a nano-board with 2 dirts, a comp and a swirly... :D
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392

I'm having a major tidy up of the whole flat and that includes "guitar corner". Guitar cases themselves are no problem, but I'm wondering what people do with all the other crap? Spare straps, parts, etc and particularly pedals.

I have a big cupboard that's half full of assorted guitar-crap, including pedals in a box, but it doesn't feel very planned. Any ideas?

I'll PM you a shipping address :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited April 2017
    Personally, and I'll sound like a dick for saying this, I find the best place for unused pedals is in the Classifieds. I find it therapeutic getting rid of stuff I don't use. If I miss something, then I know it's worth buying it back and it'll then be a keeper! Works every time, and I've not often bought back a lot of the shit I've got rid of. (Exception being my beloved Marvel Drive!).
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    I spy a Valvesporker
    Red ones are better. 
  • EskiEski Frets: 35
    I can rarely bring myself to sell them on so a decent box works for me - you never know when you might need them :)
  • Eski said:
    I can rarely bring myself to sell them on so a decent box works for me - you never know when you might need them :)
    Likewise you may forget you had them.

Not that this has ever happened to me....
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I remember seeing a video interview with Billy Corgan, and he had a literal shopping trolley full of pedals. I'm thankfully not at that point yet.
    TimmyO said:
    I spy a Valvesporker
    Oh yes. And it's not for sale! And that's exactly why I need a box of pedals :D 
  • oktorocktooktorockto Frets: 86
    edited April 2017
    To stop pedals getting scratched store them in an old (clean ;) ) sock
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    edited April 2017
    I don't really have unused pedals. When I rebuilt the board I ended up with an MXR Comp, a spare cool Cat and an Arion Overdrive, the latter two needed some TLC and I bought a £17 micro echo and a festoon type power plug for £9 and now have a carrier bag full to take to jams or rehearsals, obviously it's a full flight case spec carrier bag ;-)  I keep original boxes in case I ever want to sell stuff.