FA Cup 2017

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4978
i could happily sit and watch Spurs being beaten by anyone. Yes, even Chelski..
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    great game though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    I didn't watch the game but had BBC 5Live on when people were calling in after today's matches & they all said what a good game it was for a neutral.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Yes, a great game. Seldom do you get to see a match where both teams are trying to win rather than trying to avoid losing..
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28329
    I'd have preferred a Spurs win. I like both managers though
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4527
    Love watching spurs get beaten. Fancy arsenal tomorrow for the all London final
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Chelsea vs Arsenal would be great, just for a final nail in the coffin for Wenger. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    Spurs' goals were better than Chelsea's and I got fed up shouting "Pass it Forward"... Was a good tactical move on Conte's part though - that's what one it.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Yes, a great game. Seldom do you get to see a match where both teams are trying to win rather than trying to avoid losing..
    That's because they are the top two teams in the league and have the players (ie have the money to buy the players) to play like that. Would be lovely if us smaller clubs had the players to try and play like that but more often than not if we try to play better teams at their own game we will lose
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited April 2017
    Rocker said:
    i could happily sit and watch Spurs being beaten by anyone. Yes, even Chelski..
    Why the dislike for Spurs? Unless you're an Arsenal fan, they're surely a more sympathetic club to the neutral than Chelsea.
    Just back home from the game today.

Looked like Man City were looking for it to go to penalties, and our 2nd goal knocked the stuffing out of them.

edited April 2017
    duotone said:

Looked like Man City were looking for it to go to penalties, and our 2nd goal knocked the stuffing out of them.

Well, they had already scored two themselves by that point.
    Brize said:
    duotone said:

Sorry I'm not following. 
    edited April 2017
    duotone said:
    Brize said:
    duotone said:

Sorry I'm not following. 
    City had a perfectly good goal ruled out in the first half due to an officiating error.
    Brize said:
    duotone said:
    Brize said:
    duotone said:

Sorry I'm not following. 
    City had a perfectly good goal ruled out in the first half due to an officiating error.
    Haven't seen any replays, but is that the one where they ruled the ball went out of play?  
    I have to say that I thought the refereeing today was very poor, giving fouls/free kicks for soft tackles & dives, and generally poor control of the game.
    duotone said:
    Brize said:
    duotone said:
    Brize said:
    duotone said:

Sorry I'm not following. 
    Haven't seen any replays, but is that the one where they ruled the ball went out of play?  
    Yep. Terrible decision - it was in all day long.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    Haha - who'd be a Spurs fan this weekend when:

1) you lost 4-2 in the semi final of the cup
    2) But Arsenal won
    3) You realised the hopelessness of ever being better than Chelsea - let alone winning anything again for yet another season

Good times.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    They are 2nd in the league, and have been playing great football all season. The same cannot be said for Arsenal.

They will have champions league football next year, we will have the Channel 5 cup.
    57Deluxe said:

You realised the hopelessness of ever being better than Chelsea - let alone winning anything again for yet another season
    Things can change. There was a time when Chelsea thought it hopeless that they would ever be better than Arsenal - I remember this sentiment around the 2002 FA Cup Final, which Chelsea lost 2-0 to Arsenal. Since then, Arsenal have won 5 major trophies to Chelsea's 13.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom