Opinions from those in the know: Panasonic Lumix TZ-70 compact camera

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4978
I was impressed when I looked at a Lumix TZ-70 in a Dublin camera shop recently.  Anyone here have any opinions on this compact camera?  Price is a little north of €300.  Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 879
  • Do you need the huge amount of zoom? It seems tempting, but people very rarely use the equivalent of a 300mm lens, let alone a 720mm. 

Bar that, looks like a neat small camera. I'd prefer a smaller zoom range on a slightly bigger sensor (m4/3?), but I don't know what compact options are available that might fit that criteria, nor if they'd be affordable. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    Rocker said:
    I was impressed when I looked at a Lumix TZ-70 in a Dublin camera shop recently.  Anyone here have any opinions on this compact camera?  Price is a little north of €300.  Thanks.

£270 - £280 is the typical shop price for a good used TZ-70 so €300 is about right. Cheaper if bought privately.

I bought a TZ-70 for my partner a couple of Christmases ago. It's been excellent and far better than the unreliable but similarly priced Canon compact it replaced. Image quality is great and the zoom range means she is taking shots while I am still changing lenses on my dslr :D After over a year of using the TZ-70 constantly she is well pleased with it.

Here is a link to an AP review that tells you more:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/compacts/panasonic-lumix-dmc-tz70-review

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    They're pretty decent, but they've got nothing on the old polaroids. I suggest one of those!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom