Les paul Tribute T info...

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    underdog said:
    If you're worried could always use guitar polish and elbow grease? My goldtop is visibly glossy these days where I rest my hand, so should be easy enough to simply buff by hand with some polish or even a good quality car buffing polish (not t cut) but briwax so should be fine.

Edit: on Google people seem to have had good results with meguires polish.
    Many thanks I'll have a good look into that. I read to avoid anything silicone based as it will destroy it.

I though silicone was only an issue on old finishes and it also poses a problem for repairs jobs on paint work later in life if needed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    someone's got a goldie on gumtree now, practically brand new, right by me as well . . 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2552
    tony99 said:
    someone's got a goldie on gumtree now, practically brand new, right by me as well . . 
    Do it. Do it. Do it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    That's you sorted for a jaunt out tomorrow morning then 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited May 2017
    underdog said:
    underdog said:
    If you're worried could always use guitar polish and elbow grease? My goldtop is visibly glossy these days where I rest my hand, so should be easy enough to simply buff by hand with some polish or even a good quality car buffing polish (not t cut) but briwax so should be fine.

Edit: on Google people seem to have had good results with meguires polish.
    Many thanks I'll have a good look into that. I read to avoid anything silicone based as it will destroy it.

I though silicone was only an issue on old finishes and it also poses a problem for repairs jobs on paint work later in life if needed.

I'm gettImg mixed comments on this online. I know it's bad for nitro finishes but not sure about a standard satin finish 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I've got to jump in here and just say if the new tributes are anything like the standard of the original run snap them up! I have a 2012 gold top 70's tribute with mini humbuckers and a 2010 honeyburst 50's tribute with BKP Supermassive 90's and both guitars play exceptionally well. The only problem I've encountered since buying them is the toggle switches are playing up, I think an upgrade to switchcraft toggles may be in order. I also have my dream guitar, a 2004 honeyburst Les Paul standard that now gets minimal play since owning the tributes. I say go for it and buy one, you won't be disappointed.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • zepp76 said:
    I've got to jump in here and just say if the new tributes are anything like the standard of the original run snap them up! I have a 2012 gold top 70's tribute with mini humbuckers and a 2010 honeyburst 50's tribute with BKP Supermassive 90's and both guitars play exceptionally well. The only problem I've encountered since buying them is the toggle switches are playing up, I think an upgrade to switchcraft toggles may be in order. I also have my dream guitar, a 2004 honeyburst Les Paul standard that now gets minimal play since owning the tributes. I say go for it and buy one, you won't be disappointed.

I had a 70's tribute model in silver and it has mini buckers in it and I routed it for full size humbuckers 

It was a lovely sounding guitar but it did have a '70's' neck profile and it felt alien in my hand and I could never get on with it so I moved it on. 
  • Original price on release was £799 so I'm surprised that they're now listed as pre-order at £599

By all accounts from reviews I've read, Gibson should be putting the price up on these 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    zepp76 said:

I had a 70's tribute model in silver and it has mini buckers in it and I routed it for full size humbuckers 

It was a lovely sounding guitar but it did have a '70's' neck profile and it felt alien in my hand and I could never get on with it so I moved it on. 
    Yes the tapered neck takes some getting used to but it's worth it in the end, I really like the mini humbuckers, any reason why you changed them for full size buckers?
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:

Yes the tapered neck takes some getting used to but it's worth it in the end, I really like the mini humbuckers, any reason why you changed them for full size buckers?
    Was more because I didn't like the look. I was given the guitar by my farther in-law so not a finish or spec I'd have bought myself so needed to mod it to my specs 

As I say once time had passed I sold via the back door. He never noticed lol 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arriving between 3-4pm. That's too long hurry up 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2325
    Ohhh fun!!! Look forward to your review! 
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Fortheloveofguitar are we there yet
  • underdog said:
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Fortheloveofguitar are we there yet
    Haha

Not long to go now. Though I bet it will arrive after the allocated time slot 
    Well it's 2minutes past due :anguished: 
    Now you're just being childish

:D
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited May 2017

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom