Any views on Gretsch G9511 Parlour?

fftcfftc Frets: 559
Anyone got or played one of these yet?
http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/acoustic/g9511-style-1-single-0-acoustic-mahogany-backsides-solid-spruce-top-appalachia-burst

Seem like one of the better options in the cheaper end of the small blues box parlour class that seem to be getting some love lately.

They are listed as in stock in a shop not that far away from me, so I could go and test one, but seeing as I can't play for shit I thought I'd ask for some opinions from others. ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not that specific model, but the (similar looking) G9500 Jim Dandy is a brilliant wee thing. Sounds and plays great, cheap and REALLY hard to put down. 
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Yeah, I've seen quite a bit of love for the Jim Dandy online. The G9511 seems to be a slight upgrade on the Dandy, but very much in the same vein. Just out this year though I think so not much about them on the interwebz yet.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15475
    let us know what you think if you do try one. May be rejigging my instrument requirements at some point and a mid priced parlour would fit in nicely with what I have planned.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• VimFuego said:
    let us know what you think if you do try one. May be rejigging my instrument requirements at some point and a mid priced parlour would fit in nicely with what I have planned.
    I said on another thread somewhere that had I not stumbled across a second hand Faith I would have probably bought a Jim Dandy over anything else I tried- they're ridiculous fun for the money. I can imagine the 9511 being similarly good.
    that said, I still contend that the Faith Naked Mercury (the model I eventually bought) is the best small bodied acoustic you can get for under £500.