ID an unusual acoustic

vigmanvigman Frets: 0
edited April 2017 in Acoustics
Hi

Newbie to this forum but not to guitars or forums!

I am 63 and have been playing all types and styles of guitars and music since I was 7 years old

I currently own around 30 guitars from old nylon acoustics, through 60s solid body electrics to modern jumbo 6 strings

I have friends who play or are luthiers and can usually find out what I need there

However I would love more information on this guitar please. It is nylon strung and has an unusual sound hole shape and decoration. The circle decorations are made of metal! The fingerboard has been extended by a previous owner

Hopefully this link to my Google photo account will work but I'm sure you'll let me know if it doesn't. 

https://goo.gl/photos/Wc8GGFTAufaa3coWA

Thanks for for letting me in

vigman
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Can't help - but that's a lovely looking guitar.

Hope someone on here can help.

Welcome to the forum.
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    Hmm, VIg quite an interesting assortment of influences going on there. Your old enough to remember the mix of style that came out of Europe 50 yrs ago before we had access to stuff from the USA. This is what I think it looks like - even eastern European. 
  • vigmanvigman Frets: 0
    Thanks for the welcome and comments. My main style is 6 string metal acoustic picking, a sort of mix between Ralph McTell/ Gordon Giltrap although I play classical, jazz and rock. 

This is is a close up of the fingerboard on the odd guitar (currently in my local charity shop where I value items for them)

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM6gMl0eK-RykbXNnFibLjNJYJqZPylkCR2IXLv

Hope it it rings some bells with someone?

TIA

vigman
  • vigmanvigman Frets: 0
    Just checking back in and surprised that no-one has any more info on this unusual guitar?

Any help welcomed
    TIA
    vigman