Amp kits

What's Hot
Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
edited April 2017 in Amps
I've been wanting to have a go at building an 18 watt Marshall clone for a while now and was going to order one from ampmaker.  Unfortunately he's removed several kits from sale to work on an online course for a different kit.

Anywhere else do a decent kit for this?  It must come with decent instructions I've built about 30 pedals now but this will be the first time I've tackled anything which will have enough current to kill me and would like some decent noob frIendly instructions.

ive emailed ampmaker to see when the kit will be on sale again but I've not had a response yet.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    If you can solder and read a layout, are methodical and practical minded (which you must be if you van build pedals) a Ceriatone kit will be a doddle. 

I built an Ampmaker SE5 as my first build then went the whole hog and built a Ceriatone OTS, their most complicated kit at the time. 

Read up about building and using a light bulb limiter and you'll be fine. Just be careful. 
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Can I suggest you talk to Mike at Modulus amps who posts regularly on here, he does quite a range of kits and is certainly worth talking to.     
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Mike is great to deal with. I built one of his 5e3 kits. I had a few questions  during the  build and he was always happy to help.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Thanks Gents I'll have a look at modulus tonight when I get home.