Best settings to avoid latency and crashes on Logic Pro X

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
edited April 2017 in Studio & Recording
Anybody got any tips for general settings and usage?

I've only really been experimenting with it for the past few months, but i'd like to get a bit more knowledge on how to make my sessions a bit smoother.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    What's the Mac and interface plus how many channels and plug ins etc are you using ?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    MacBook 2.66/2x2gb/320/sd 

its not not an amazing spec but it should have enough poke for demo tracks. 

Using the Scarlett 2i2, most of my plug ins are waves compressors and eqs, I do also use wall of sound on my guitars
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    You should get 24 tracks with loaded plugins tbh, if you put the comp and eq on a Bus that would save a few cycles 
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    Have you installed the latest update? Should help .. unless you're loading the project with vat and time effects ...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    timmysoft said:
    MacBook 2.66/2x2gb/320/sd - it's not not an amazing spec but it should have enough poke for demo tracks. 
    Even without your extensive use of plug-ins, the combination of a Core Duo processor and 4GB of RAM could struggle to run Logic 10.

See for yourself. Change the central time/tempo/counter display to Custom. To the right, you will observe activity displays for CPU and HDD load. 

Expect to see that your CPU is working extremely hard and that your HDD is juggling data in "virtual RAM".
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.