I have Invented something....

What's Hot
ok......so this is a bit of a tongue in cheek thread......share your wildest inventive ideas with us as if they were really true. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    A dream recorder. Having all that psychedelic stuff recorded to hard drive would be wonderful. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    i invented some money, I then pretended to loan it to people and if they didn't pay me back, I took their homes away.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Refrigerated rubbish bin for hot countries.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    ok......so this is a bit of a tongue in cheek thread......share your wildest inventive ideas with us as if they were really true. 

A plectrum that you couldn't lose......ever
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• I have never enjoyed DIY, screws fall out of my hand, shelves lurch, parts disappear and my frustration turns to anger and I shout uncontrollably. 

That at was until I invented a portable machine that turns any room into a GravityFree Space. 
    Now, everything is so much easier to assemble. 
    Nothing falls to the ground, I can put everything at arms length and there are so many more benefits. My wife says she has noticed a huge change in me. 

DIY is now no longer a chore. 

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    A guitar tone that a guitarist was happy with. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dreamer.....nothing but a dreamer..........
  • ......a guitar that you can Eat on stage....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    A self driving car with a bed in it. That runs on body fat. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • A small electric thingy that shrinks all the plastic Supermarket packaging into pellets. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    edited April 2017
    An induction based pickup.  Cooper/aluminium isn't magnetic, but a magnet passing down a pipe introduces an electric current in the pipe.  The eddy currents within the pipe interact with the magnetic field of the magnet to slow it's decent.  

The pickup I envisage would likely comprise of a thin tube surrounding magnetised strings, not very practical, and full of engineering challenges. The amp would amplify the eddie currents in the tube, but could result in a new type of pickup with a very unique tone. 
    Lack of pickup magnets should remove pickup pull, and result in greater sustain. 
    Would be very difficult to do
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited April 2017
    Third party stomp boxes/effects by independent DSP algorithm designers that can be downloaded and hosted in standalone multi fx units. You heard it here first. Perhaps I should patent the idea.

It's not a competition.
  • TheMarlin said:
    An induction based pickup.  Cooper/aluminium isn't magnetic, but a magnet passing down a pipe introduces eddy currents within the pipe, which interact with the magnetic field of the magnet to slow it's decent.  

The pickup I envisage would likely comprise of a thin tube surrounding magnetised strings, not very practical, and full of engineering challenges. The amp would amplify the eddie currents in the tube, but could result in a new type of pickup with a very unique tone. 
    Lack of pickup magnets should remove pickup pull, and result in greater sustain. 
    Would be very difficult to do
    ........this is why I started this thread!
  • I have been inventive with my drummer. I have had him record drums solo, to which songs have been written to fit. I suggest a tempo, dynamics, structure and song length. It has delivered some interesting stuff. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Oven chips that are actually cooked in the time it says on the back
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Coca Cola......there isn't any Coca in Coca Cola. 

Invented as a hangover cure, originally.......

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    A platform that delivers Sky, Amazon Prime, Netflix et al's content for a monthly fee that is lower than the combined cost of subscribing to them all....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    An onboard wah device that is controlled be a pressure sensitive fake boob
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    I have actually invented a s'pecial thing' that stops your guitars getting dinged... should really get it to a Chinese manufacturer...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Er isn't this the same as VST plug ins for DAWs. Actually this is kind of what line6 did with the pod just put AmpFarm in a box/pedal
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom