Alternative to Fender 2 pin machine heads

So, I've got a really nice neck that had these fitted but really don't like the look of them. Haven't decided on replacements yet, but was wondering how well other tuners covered up the locating holes?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    It's possible to change just the keys if it's that which bothers you most.

Other threaded-bushing tuners like Schallers and Grovers will cover the pin holes, but you'll need to drill screw holes so there's no going back.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• As @ICBM says, many modern style tuners will hide the holes.

For direct replacements there are very few choices. Just the Fender/Ping types in various finishes and locking/ staggered/ standard varieties; the genuine Schaller F-type (which look identical to the Fender/Ping ones anyway); and I think Kluson make a locking set in the 2-pin Fender mount. Also be aware that there are sets of 2-pin mounting tuners where the pins are spaced for Squier guitars where the pin spacing is different to the Fender ones.