Attaching Wah to Pedalboard

What's Hot
chunkmonkchunkmonk Frets: 49
Currently undergoing a pedalboard reorganisation, and trying to work out the best way to attach my Wah pedal to a new board (think carpeted board rather than Pedaltrain)

Removing the rubber feet means the supplied screw are fractionally too long to give a flush fitting between base and board....and so far cannot find shorter ones. Have tried placing a thin washer under screw but this also isn't great. 

Does anybody have any suggestions/advice how to attach a wah without drilling holes etc?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    I've always left the screws sticking out and the velcro has worked fine regardless. You don't need perfect contact for a secure-enough fit.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I was going to say what about trying something that attaches (probably using Velcro) to the base to the depth of the feet and then Velcro that to the board. That's what the thing in @kebabkid 's link is as well. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • HoofHoof Frets: 491
    On Pedaltrain style boards you'll find the feet fall into the slots so you can just slap a patch of velcro in the middle without taking the feet off. Until I got one I used to just put my wah on the floor next to the board and use a battery. This wasn't really a problem as the battery in a wah lasts ages anyway.

How about getting a thin bit of wood or even some thick card and sticking the hook side of velcro to one side and the loops to the other, acting as a kind of shim/spacer? It would be best to still have the feet in contact with the board to keep it nice and solid, otherwise I found the switching function became a bit hit and miss.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    I have one of these http://www.stagetrixproducts.com/wah-fastener.html - very nifty 

Fits Crybaby style/size Wahs (if you have a smaller one like an Xotic then perhaps it won't)

Red ones are better. 
  • wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    edited April 2017
    I bought one of these...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222064566606

Well, I bought the model to fit the xotic wah.  

Basically lets you remove rubber feet feet and keep screws flush

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72244
    With a flat board I still think by far the best solution is to take the feet off, drill through the board and use longer screws into the pedal. It's much more secure and you're unlikely to need to move a wah pedal since most people will always want it at the front right corner.

I do the same with the other pedals as well, but I accept that won't work well for people who like to change things around a lot.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    ICBM said:
    With a flat board I still think by far the best solution is to take the feet off, drill through the board and use longer screws into the pedal. It's much more secure and you're unlikely to need to move a wah pedal since most people will always want it at the front right corner.

I do the same with the other pedals as well, but I accept that won't work well for people who like to change things around a lot.
    or drill out wah feet depth holes in board n velcro attach - could always use insertable plastic screw caps to hide work afterwards if needed.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I took the feet off and used a Velcro sandwich to raise it enough that the screw heads aren't a problem. 

• vizviz Frets: 10681
    All my pedals are attached with cable ties; my board is like swiss cheese. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Kebabkid said:
    the reason i invented this shape and style of wah mount was so that you dont have to do anything to the wah, no taking off of feet or messing with screws, just a simple velcro attachment, making swapping of wah's really simple and no having to track down missing parts etc.
    this 1 is for a std wah shape enclosure, but we do them for different shapes like for xotic and fulltone, just mention it in the order notes. 
    :)
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I use those Johnnyshredfreak bike chain things - works perfectly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Re. taking the rubber feet off and not being able to find shorter screws, years ago I took the existing screws to a Timpsons and they were happy to grind them down to the required length.  Didn't charge either if I remember correctly.  Doesn't hurt to ask :)  Buy a pair of shoelaces :) 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    Just bought one of these:-

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/ews-wah-board-special-xotic/121209

Im going to move my wah onto the board now :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I got one of my buddies at work to make a slightly thicker plate and ditched the rubber feet.
    Don't touch that dial.