Broken toe.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    I have a vague feeling my chainsaw boots have a composite cap, don't make em any more comfortable mind.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Are your chainsaw boots made by Cofra?
    Old Is Gold
    oregan I think, had em 5 years now and they're only just getting broken in.

• Id recommend Cofra next time

Old Is Gold
    will do. I wear mine so rarely (only when the saw is likely to be anywhere near my feet basically) that they'll still last for years (unfortunately) but when they do wear out (or if I win the lottery) I'll check them out.

• I used to work as a drayman (delivering beer barrels) for Courage brewery.  For those who don't know, to unload the barrels which are up to 18 stone your have a pad (like a small crash matt) and with a bit of technique you can drop the barrel onto the pad and control it descent.  On the trailer the barrels are double stacked and H&S says you should drop the upper level onto the trailer bed, then do a second drop onto the floor, however very rarely was there room.

...Anyhow... You are obviously obliged to wear still toe-caps.  A guy I worked with was out with his crew mate one day and had just dropped a barrel from the upper layer straight to the pavement.  He turned to talk to his mate and committed the cardinal sin of standing with one foot on the pad.  He didn't realise but he had dislodged the barrel behind (with was a smaller 8 stone keg) and it rolled out and landed on his foot.  Because his foot was on a soft padded matt his foot and boot bent back on the toe line and the edge of the steel toe-cap severed the front of his foot.

That said, it was an absolute freak and steel toe-caps saved many other accidents. 

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    here's the point I'm trying to make, there's no way of knowing if that accident would've been better or worse if the guy was wearing non steel toe caps.

• The problem is feet! what are they for anyway?
    Old Is Gold
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I was looking at safety boots this very day. Would composite sever your foot?
    My V key is broken
    stop yer ankles rubbing on the ground. It's fingers that get me, I keep mashing up my left gesturing finger, sure I've broken it at least once.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    The problem is feet! what are they for anyway?
    Absolutely nothin', say it again, y'all.
  • holnrew said:
    I was looking at safety boots this very day. Would composite sever your foot?
    No but gout might! stop eating all that red meat, fatty food and wine.
    Old Is Gold
  • supessupes Frets: 181
    True story - years ago i was helping a mate sort out his parents garden, we were only about 17. Laying some 3x2 slabs he dropped one on the end of his toes and if took the end of 2 of his toes off. Couple of months later after he's recovered we try to finish the job and he ends up standing on a nail in the garden that goes straight through the same foot.
    I always felt safe around him, i figured if anything was going to happen it was bound to happen to him!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

assuming you've not previously broken any toes, you have 6 more to break to catch up with me.......

I won't go into other broken bones..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I see that, as per usual, sympathy comes between 'shit', and 'syphilis' in the English dictionary.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom