Beginner Player Recordings - I'll show you mine if you show me ours.

What's Hot

Comments

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    pmbomb said:
    I'd be happy with that.
    Thanks. I was very impressed with your Comfortably Numb solo for theee months in! I've been playing seriously for coming up to 18 months. 

Didnt see this thread til today but it's great, surely there must be a few more beginners here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Thanks, I've clean forgotten it now and will have to relearn it.

I like your video, much better than just a sound file. I have some eczema on my fingers which is a bit unsightly but should get over my reservations and do it. We're all on the same side here after all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    pmbomb said:
    Thanks, I've clean forgotten it now and will have to relearn it.

I like your video, much better than just a sound file. I have some eczema on my fingers which is a bit unsightly but should get over my reservations and do it. We're all on the same side here after all.
    It's actually really fun making little videos. I record the audio first in GarageBand and then make a video after and 'sync' them up after as I go to pieces if I try and record 'live', and also I can't find an easy way of recording a good sound and video at the same time.

Absolutely you should not worry about that! And if you are worried you don't have to do super close up shots anyway. 

Maybe it would be fun to have a designated monthly piece that none of us know and then we can all share our own little version of it. 
    It would but I'd never get it done. It's good to see what other folks are doing though. Esp. from just-getting-started beginners. Part of my aim here is to come back in the future for reference.
    Yeah that's half the battle isn't it, actually having the time you need to put into it. There's weeks when I'm lucky if I can get ten minutes a day in. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    @Legionreturns just wanted to give you a wow for Man of the Hour, big pearl Jam fan but they don't get much recognition on guitar forums, so nice to hear it.
  • underdog said:
    @Legionreturns just wanted to give you a wow for Man of the Hour, big pearl Jam fan but they don't get much recognition on guitar forums, so nice to hear it.
    Thanks mate. Definitely one of my favorite bands

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    I don't know Pearl Jam too well but looked it up when it was posted, which lead me in a breadcrumb to Mike McReady and Slip Away. Wow.
  • LaCathedrale_UKLaCathedrale_UK Frets: 105
    edited August 2017
    removed original post. This is a cover of Kickstart my Heart by Crue, I decided to chop it into the second half, since it's got all the 'parts' and a little lead. It's all me, except the drums. Starts off a little rough, but I think it gets going properly about 20 seconds in. One re-take of one of the guitars, otherwise all off the cuff:

• I know it's not much, but my practice lately has been focused on improv and timing. I've been recording my drum buddy with my looper and then trying to play some stuff over the top. This kind of thing...

Love it, proper beginner noodling.  :) Great jaunty tap along rhythm, a bit "Don't Worry Be Happy".

In the spirit of which here is a new cut of "Simon's Jam" from last week. Simon (my teacher) asked me to do less and think about "negative space". Also this is more musical - composed not just off the cuff improv - so I could play it again. Unfinished, needs a few more bars. But I decided to ship it not sit on it.

I'm baffled why that can't be embedded when the other ones can!
    @Legionreturns care to finish it off? It's all Em pentatonic.

• pmbomb said:
    @Legionreturns care to finish it off? It's all Em pentatonic.

It says "Not available" when I click on yours

edited August 2017
    Irritating!
    My solo actually runs out at 0:45, annoying as I finished it but forgot to save! Gah. Made in Garageband as I don't have a looper.
  • pmbomb said:
    My solo actually runs out at 0:45, annoying as I finished it but forgot to save! Gah. Made in Garageband as I don't have a looper.
    If you wanna do some collaborative stuff that would be good! Start something and challenge each other to finish it! Could set up a sharing account for the raw wav files so I can import to Reaper and you can do the same in Garage band. 

• pmbomb said:
    That's nice! Very mellow and feely!