Which pedals play well in Daisy chain

What's Hot
KaputmeKaputme Frets: 0

Hello,

I built a pedal board with few TC pedals and others so i have in total 12 pedals on my board.

So i have guitar going to --> Poly tune 2 --> EHX silencer in --> EHX silencer send --> CRY BABY --> Tonecity Compressor --> Dark matter --> Mojo MOJO -->  EHX silencer return --> TC electronic Wiretap --> AMP in

in the loop --> FX Send --> Tone city Angel Wings --> Tone city Tape Machine -->  Digiverb -->  Spark mini booster -->  Harley Benton Looper -->  FX return.

So How and what pedals can i daisy chain from a Voodoo labs Pedal power 2 plus which has only 8 9v outputs.

Cheers
Su

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Don't think anything you have is very power hungry, but best to add up the mA draw of each pedal just be safe. 

As a rule of thumb, I keep digital and analogue separate on isolated supplies 

And separate the front of Amp from the loop. 

I assume as you have 12 pedals and only 8 outs you are using a daisy chain power cable, in which case I'd put the 2 TC drive pedals together on one and the rest of the front end pedals on another daisy and the two Tone City pedals in the loop together, put the Digiverb and Looper on their own outputs. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • KaputmeKaputme Frets: 0
    Thanks Professor ,
    I ended up getting a FAME DCT200 and a HB Powerplant junior so all my Pedals now have isolated power.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
    I would only put analogue pedals in a daisy chain: chaining digital effects together or with analogue pedals gives you some nasty background noise. As @professorben said, best to check how much current you have available from your power source and add up the current draw of all your pedals in the daisy chain, and make sure your pedals' total draw is a good bit less than the current available from your PSU.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom