Modeller meet up

What's Hot
RolandRoland Frets: 8693
We've talked about this several times. Let's get some idea of what, where and when.

I'd like:
  1. Short demonstrations of how people set up and use their modellers.
  2. The opportunity to play through other people's kit. I accept that this may have to be through headphones. 
  3. Time to talk.
What we need for that is one large room/small hall, projector and screen to show editors, parking space, food and beer. Location can be any where within the centre of the country, i.e. the box cornered by Liverpool, Leeds, Bristol, and London.

When is going to be either a Saturday or Sunday. It's not Gasfest, so I'm not proposing an overnight. We should avoid the school holiday period. I'd prefer to do something soon, i.e. the next two months.

What would you like?
Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8693
    Kebabkid said:

Any chance of a modeller Gearfest in the future for Axe FX & Helix?
    EDIT: There was one an Axe FX one a few years 

So let's ask the question again. Who fancies a Modeller Meet-Up? What would you like it to cover?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited October 2017
    Standard stuff but I think it would be great to hear the unit with different set ups e.g. direct to PA, with an FFR system and also, through a guitar amp. It might also be nice to hear a bass,too, through the unit.

Programming a standard set of sounds - clean, crunch, lead and adding a delay or modulation
    Adding an expression pedal (if required - more Fractal, Kemper stuff) e.g. for wah

I wouldn't mind seeing people demo their units and obviously, if time permits, it would also be nice to plug in and have a try.

A recent Basschat Day I attended was at a school and that proved to be an ideal venue. Any caretakers, teachers etc or anyone with good connections to one of these who can get preferential rates?

Being London/Surrey-based, I'd be willing to come slightly further afield (outskirts of the M25) so location will probably be the clincher for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    If it's not too far from Leicester I would be interested, all this AX8 talk has got me interested, happy to bring a Helix and a DXR10
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    London based, happy to try and come with my AX8 and as many old guitars as I can carry :)
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    peteri said:
    London based, happy to try and come with my AX8 and as many old guitars as I can carry :)
    Well me too!
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    North Wales based... so not much use.

If I can make it though, I'll happily bring my Kemper over.
  • FloofFloof Frets: 17
    That would be cool. I'm in.

I use a Helix through an active FRFR PA cab. I'd love to hear the same thing into an amp or in 4CM - I know lots of people do that but I haven't been able to try it. 

I think headphones only would be a waste - maybe a running order of demos, then the rest of the time headphones? 
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Depending on time and location I could well be in. I also have a mixer and PA so would happily bring that along with my Helix and some guitars.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Roland said:

So let's ask the question again. Who fancies a Modeller Meet-Up? What would you like it to cover?
    Would you go back to Quad (accessible, easy to park, reasonably central), or somewhere else?

I know it's a bit chicken & egg - if you set the locaiton first, that can rule people out due to distance.  But if you set the location first, that can encourage sign-up because people know where it'll be!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    What or where is Quad?
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    Axe fx2 - North West 
    What or where is Quad?
    http://www.quadstudios.co.uk/
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    What or where is Quad?
    Its the rehearsal space / studio that we used for the last Jam session (Leicester).

It's got good facilities if the location would work for potential attendees.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Can we just model what a meeting might be like and play it back through studio monitors at home?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    What or where is Quad?
    Its the rehearsal space / studio that we used for the last Jam session (Leicester).

It's got good facilities if the location would work for potential attendees.
    Works for me :)
    Can we just model what a meeting might be like and play it back through studio monitors at home?
    Humourous, but prompts the idea that we could video it.

TTony said:

Would you go back to Quad (accessible, easy to park, reasonably central), or somewhere else?
    Quad would be an easy choice. If successful then we could do the same thing at other locations.
  • I suggest this would be a fantastic idea for those who've never been able to get a modeller to work for them.

But I am WELL up for this and to come demonstrate my gear. Be great to meet some of you nutters.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    Can we get this moving before I can't stop myself buying an AX8
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Easy - buy one and bring it along! ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom