North West Guitar Show - Sunday 14th May

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    guitars4you said:
    My mate purchased a superb Guild X375 Stratford - clean and no issues - ultra cool and your type of guitar - bit of an ES-5 Switchmaster - not selling it I believe
    Yes that was an amazing looking thing. Don't think I've ever seen a vintage guitar of that age in such exceptional condition.

The individual you're referring to seemed uncharacteristically enthusiastic about it!
    just dawned on me I didn't play it later either but yes it looked clean

Did you see much of interest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1711
    Voxman said:
    Why are all these great shows so far away from us poor Londoners!  :/
    Kempton Park Race Course in the Autumn for you will be a good option - same organizer as North West Show - NW Show is currently his largest show but Kempton has the potential to be bigger - I'll post info etc nearer the time
    How did you get on?

Tbh I was disappointed with some prices.
    Bedroom dealers been greedy
    I did not really get chance for a look around - tried to do that before 10am and the doors opened but got tied up with a bacon butty and latte - did okay and brought a couple of guitars but they came to me as against me walking about

My mate purchased a superb Guild X375 Stratford - clean and no issues - ultra cool and your type of guitar - bit of an ES-5 Switchmaster - not selling it I believe
    was that from a private seller that was walking around?

I couldn't believe a Hofner commitee was £2000. With neck reset n non original case. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited May 2017
    guitars4you said:
    I think I noticed a trend with late '70s Strats - there was a Sienna Sunburst which weighs about as much as me which I see at every show (it was at Manchester last October). In spite of being near mint - no one seems to want to pay £1500 for it!

I saw two others (natural and black) at just under and just over £1000.

It seems buyers have finally realised that just because something's 40 year old that it doesn't mean it's good.

Very surprised how many Chibsons were proudly on display - and how expensive some were....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Voxman said:
    Why are all these great shows so far away from us poor Londoners!  :/
    Kempton Park Race Course in the Autumn for you will be a good option - same organizer as North West Show - NW Show is currently his largest show but Kempton has the potential to be bigger - I'll post info etc nearer the time
    How did you get on?

Tbh I was disappointed with some prices.
    Bedroom dealers been greedy
    I did not really get chance for a look around - tried to do that before 10am and the doors opened but got tied up with a bacon butty and latte - did okay and brought a couple of guitars but they came to me as against me walking about

was that from a private seller that was walking around?

I couldn't believe a Hofner commitee was £2000. With neck reset n non original case. 
    No I think it was pre-conceived as such and he had contacted him before the show - I'm gob smacked when I see such prices as a Commitee at 2K - Makes me question are they deluded or have I lost touch with what is going on but like to see such comments via FB
    tFB Trader
    guitars4you said:
    I think I noticed a trend with late '70s Strats - there was a Sienna Sunburst which weighs about as much as me which I see at every show (it was at Manchester last October). In spite of being near mint - no one seems to want to pay £1500 for it!

I saw two others (natural and black) at just under and just over £1000.

It seems buyers have finally realised that just because something's 40 year old that it doesn't mean it's good.

Very surprised how many Chibsons were proudly on display - and how expensive some were....
    can't remember the name but someone told me about loads on one stand - think on the ground floor in the room next door to me
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    guitars4you said:
    can't remember the name but someone told me about loads on one stand - think on the ground floor in the room next door to me
    That's right - they had lots of Chartins - or whatever the term for Chinese acoustics is. Some of which were £650! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    guitars4you said:
    That's right - they had lots of Chartins - or whatever the term for Chinese acoustics is. Some of which were £650! 
    that it - I didn't know they came in at those type of prices
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nikharrisonnikharrison Frets: 95
    edited May 2017
    Was nice to see a few people who are usually at that show.

Loads of stuff, some great, some not so great, but all of it in one building and a bar with coffee/bacon sandwiches... 
    Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    guitars4you said:
    Um, Chowden? Chuild? Chakemine? Chaylor? 

Presumably you could get a Chaylor Charlour Guitar for low volume Chinger Chicking?
    Bridgehouse said:
    Um, Chowden? Chuild? Chakemine? Chaylor? 

Presumably you could get a Chaylor Charlour Guitar for low volume Chinger Chicking?
    Actually, I think it was just a Chibson J200....
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Did anyone visit the RD Amplification stand?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/