NGD - Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 960
As some of you will know, I've been an Eggle fan boy for over 20years. Having been Eggleless for a while, I wanted to get something a little special now prices are on the rise. Took a while, but look at this beauty. Literally like the day it came out of the factory in 1992. Looks, plays and sounds beautiful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/gibsongaz/IMG_3589_zpsyyvn1and.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/gibsongaz/IMG_3590_zpsick76fui.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/gibsongaz/IMG_3591_zpsvhmhaic4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/gibsongaz/IMG_3590_zpsick76fui.jpg
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Lovely - been looking for one myself too!  I used to know Patrick when he worked out of Pete Gent's Music Exchange in St Albans after he sold the business, where he used to set up my Strat for me.  Does this one have the 3 position rotary tone, or coil tapping?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Three way rotary
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 913
    Very nice! Isn't the double leaf 12th fret inlay usually found on a Deluxe? Never seen that on a Berlin Pro before.
    RevMatt and I chatted about that too. We concluded it's an upgraded Pro rather than a Deluxe as looks like Mahogony rather than maple 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3126
    Does the neck have a volute?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Cracking Egg- le that

enjoy !!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It does
    Parker said:
    It does
    Not one of the first then
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    Beautiful guitar. My Berlin Pro was made Feb 92. It was a good year for Eggles! You'll love it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2355
    Awesome :D
    edited May 2017
    Gigged this one - my word it is beautiful. Toneful, stable and punchy. Realised the Truss rod needed a tweak to tighten afterwards. Now i've done that I don't think i've had an action so low!! Blown away by this and in a very prominent place so I can drool over the craftsmanship each time I walk past!  
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    I really wanted one of these. However, finding out that the new ones aren't made by Patrick Eggle now has put me off. I guess I'd have to buy an old one ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    I really wanted one of these. However, finding out that the new ones aren't made by Patrick Eggle now has put me off. I guess I'd have to buy an old one ;)
    Yes - best steer clear of the newer PE's. You could of course buy a new PJE if you have a spare £3.5k
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833
    Parker said:
    It does
    The other give away is the inlay at the 24th fret - the non-volute era ('91 - mid '92) coincides with only having a single dot inlay (rather than double dots) on the 24th fret.
    edited June 2017
    @RevMatt  got a bit of a non problem with mine as I never intend to sell it, but the serial number doesn't appear to be embossed only painted on. Just noticed but over time the number has become virtually illegible due to it running . 
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/butcombe/Strat wiring mod/IMG_0076_zpssrz1txbq.jpg
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833
    @maltingsaudio - serial numbers were applied in different ways at different times: Embossed / stamped - around 91-94 Printed number in white - 94-95 Hand-written in silver pen - 96 onwards But, don't quote me on the above as there are all sorts of anomalies and variations... I have 96 Berlin Vintage Classic with no visible serial number, but it's on a label under the pickup. I have a 95 Berlin Pro that appears to have had an embossed serial number under the paint and someone has tried to scrape the paint off to reveal it. My other 2 90s Eggles have the serial no. handwritten on the heel. I wouldn't worry about the number becoming illegible but it would be worth taking a note of it and keeping it with the guitar just for the sake of knowing it.
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    RevMatt said:
    Parker said:
    It does
    The other give away is the inlay at the 24th fret - the non-volute era ('91 - mid '92) coincides with only having a single dot inlay (rather than double dots) on the 24th fret.
    My Feb '92 Berlin pro has a single dot inlay at the 24th fret