JHS & That pedal show

What's Hot

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886
    @RaymondLin ;

Caveat emptor? Really? You think that makes it OK? Behave. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Leaving aside his evangelical xenophobic hate mongering, his pedals are ridiculously overpriced.
    And I can't stand bible thumping Muslim haters. You'd think a homophobe would find some sort of kinship with Muslims.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Leaving aside his evangelical xenophobic hate mongering, his pedals are ridiculously overpriced.
    And I can't stand bible thumping Muslim haters. You'd think a homophobe would find some sort of kinship with Muslims.

---nah, you've got to have the right flavour of bigotry to keep those idiots happy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    edited May 2017
    @RaymondLin ;;;

You behave.

i don't buy VW either because they have ties to Nazi.

look at all those people driving VW, bunch of racists.

Right?

It is just a pedal, do people not have anything else to do other than bring this up every time this guy's name pops up? It's like they are on a mission.  Move on, get a life.  Don't like it, don't buy it.  He lose a sale, what's what you want isn't it? But wasting time to actively trying to make him lose more sale seems like a nasty human trait, vindictive, bitter, for reasons unknown as I bet these people have not even given JHS a penny themselves.

im sure you think you are doing some service to people in the dark but to me it comes across as vindictive crusade, it's only a stupid metal box.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    What's stranger behaviour, wasting time on the internet letting people know that they might be supporting a dodgy business or wasting time on the internet defending a dodgy business? 

Hmm. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited May 2017
    Why don't people ask

1 - when you have a Friedman or Bogner and say - Why don't you get a Marshall?
    2 - when you have a Lazy J - Why don't you get a Fender?
    3 - when you have Tube screamer clone - go buy a vintage TS9?
    4 - when you have a Rocket Archer - go buy a real Klon?
    5 - when you have a Rolls Royce - Go buy a Ford Model T?

Isn't a Marshall JTM45 basically a Fender Bassman?  

I doubt Marshal, Fender, Ford and every other original pedal maker got their commission for being recognised either, you can't live off being acknowledged.  If its about his religion links, I can't comment as I know nothing of it.

I think it is fine one doesn't like JHS but i find it really strange to constantly bringing it up and almost a mission to try to take down the company/person.

@RaymondLin I'm not particularly good at photography presumably you'll have no problems with me taking a few of your pictures and passing them off as my own?  I only need them until my business is established and I've made enough money to hire other people to take the pictures.  Oh and if you tell people what I've done I'll have to threaten you with legal action and smear your name on the internet.   That's totally cool though isn't it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    @RaymondLin ;;;

You behave.

Right?

It is just a pedal, do people not have anything else to do other than bring this up every time this guy's name pops up? It's like they are on a mission.  Move on, get a life.  Don't like it, don't buy it.  He lose a sale, what's what you want isn't it? But wasting time to actively trying to make him lose more sale seems like a nasty human trait, vindictive, bitter, for reasons unknown as I bet these people have not even given JHS a penny themselves.

im sure you think you are doing some service to people in the dark but to me it comes across as vindictive crusade, it's only a stupid metal box.
    How would you feel if I took one of your photos and sold it as my own to a syndicated news paper? It's a similar concept.

Claiming others work as you own and earning from it is not cool.
    edited May 2017
    @RaymondLin ;;;;;

You behave.

Right?

How would you feel if I took one of your photos and sold it as my own to a syndicated news paper? It's a similar concept.

But I have IP right over my photo.  

@Adam_MD
    @Teetonetal ;;;

Pedal builders have no IP right over their circuit board, do they?  It's not like he is taking a Cruchbox pedal and put it in a new box.  If a circuit board is trademarked or patent protected and he copied that then thats fine.   What law has he broken? Why are people don't have a problem getting a JTM45?  Whats the difference between that and a Angry Charlie?

I have no problem people re-enacting my photo with their own props.  I have problem using my photo passing it as their own, I am protected by law.

Morally, sure, JHS should not pretend it is his pedal design, I agree with that but then, he isn't the ONLY person cloning pedals now is he?  There are a million clones out there, are people's only beef is that he pretended?  But so long he admits it, that's fine and you will pay cash for something for.  Either scenario the original builder isn't getting a penny, either scenario the original builder is losing out.

If ones wants to draw then line morally then one should just buy original, NEVER a clone.  To think you are getting a clone and save yourself a few quid just so long the clone builder is admitting it seems superficial and fake.  If one wants to be totally moral and totally conscience clear then get a real thing.  Either do it all the way or not at all, half arsed clone just to say, "yeah, full disclosure!" seems nothing more than self serving one's own conscience but ultimately the original builder still loses out.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    @RaymondLin ;;;

You behave.

Right?

@Adam_MD
    @Teetonetal ;

Pedal builders have no IP right over their circuit board, do they?  It's not like he is taking a Cruchbox pedal and put it in a new box.  If a circuit board is trademarked or patent protected and he copied that then thats fine.   What law has he broken? Why are people don't have a problem getting a JTM45?  Whats the difference between that and a Angry Charlie?

I have no problem people re-enacting my photo with their own props.  I have problem using my photo passing it as their own, I am protected by law.

Morally, sure, JHS should not pretend it is his pedal design, I agree with that but then, he isn't the ONLY person cloning pedals now is he?  There are a million clones out there, are people's only beef is that he pretended?  But so long he admits it, that's fine and you will pay cash for something for.  Either scenario the original builder isn't getting a penny, either scenario the original builder is losing out.

It is pretty much the same if he uses their circuit.   

Taking a schematic and coming up with a circuit design is morally wrong but just taking the actual circuit design and putting your name on it is worse and why I won't buy them.  

@RaymondLin ;;;

You behave.

Right?

@Adam_MD
    @Teetonetal ;

If a circuit board is trademarked or patent protected and he copied that then thats fine. 

This is literally what he did. PCBs are copyrighted (they're "art" apparently) and some of the earliest JHS pedals were using madbean layouts. @juansolo has posted extensively on this in the past. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

@Adam_MD
    @Teetonetal ;;;

If ones wants to draw then line morally then one should just buy original, NEVER a clone.  To think you are getting a clone and save yourself a few quid just so long the clone builder is admitting it seems superficial and fake.  If one wants to be totally moral and totally conscience clear then get a real thing.  Either do it all the way or not at all, half arsed clone just to say, "yeah, full disclosure!" seems nothing more than self serving one's own conscience but ultimately the original builder still loses out. 

He used Madbeans layout which is the one thing you can copyright.  If he had bothered to pay someone else to do a layout for him I wouldn't care so it's exactly the same as me using one of your pictures and passing it off as my own instead of trying to take my own version of that picture that's the whole point of why people are pissed off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Then I stand correctly and I agree with you both.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    @RaymondLin ;;;

You behave.

Right?

I quite agree. I was selling crack and heroin at the school gates and all the other parents complained and tried to get me banned even though not one of them had bought any of my products. It's just soooo unfair. Where's the humanity?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I hate you all.
    I think he said his company doesn't do the creepy cult shit anymore.

The word choice was very careful. Almost as if we has separating himself from his company. So his company doesn't support creepy shit anymore, but no mention of whether he does.
    No.

The statement was:

"I have never persecuted or discriminated against anyone, including the LGBTQ community, and I personally do not support or donate to any organization that does".
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I think he said his company doesn't do the creepy cult shit anymore.

The word choice was very careful. Almost as if we has separating himself from his company. So his company doesn't support creepy shit anymore, but no mention of whether he does.
    No.

The statement was:

"I have never persecuted or discriminated against anyone, including the LGBTQ community, and I personally do not support or donate to any organization that does".
    This is the bit I don't get. Couldn't give a fuck about the cloning tbh, the pedal world is rife with it and people need to be more consistent and get over themselves.

Now, if he had come out and said "kill all the gays", then of course I'd boycott his pedals. But he hasn't, just internet shite, and when the man himself says a statement, people still choose to believe internet peeps, because people just like to get angry about something.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited May 2017
    Adam_MD said:

He used Madbeans layout which is the one thing you can copyright.  If he had bothered to pay someone else to do a layout for him I wouldn't care so it's exactly the same as me using one of your pictures and passing it off as my own instead of trying to take my own version of that picture that's the whole point of why people are pissed off.
    ^ This.

Sassafras said:
    RaymondLin said:
    @RaymondLin ;;;;;

You behave.

Right?

I quite agree. I was selling crack and heroin at the school gates and all the other parents complained and tried to get me banned even though not one of them had bought any of my products. It's just soooo unfair. Where's the humanity?

Good point, well made. Say, there's a fella called J, Collingridge (award winning photographer), who's known to sell his pedals every now and then on here. He's pretty adamant that he's a good guy and that everyone else is just persecuting him. Maybe Ray would like to buy some second hand JHS pedals from him...?
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I hate you all.
    Who cares? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Adam_MD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I hate you all.
    Who cares? 
    I do.