Mice ate my guitar case!

What's Hot
fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5015
edited August 2013 in Guitar
Well, not mine actually, but I was enquiring about a 335 for sale and the seller told me the case had been in his loft and some mice had developed a strong liking for tolex, and he sent me this pic! How's that for relicing... Lol!

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Wow, looking at the wood I can't believe Gibson didn't put a burst on that :)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7141
    Relic cases.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    I wishe I had a photo, some years ago a lest a sax case in my loft and we had a squirrel infestation. They managed to literally eat most of the lid :/
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485

I was concerned about this, so employed a couple of mouse traps

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042

The little feckers ate my fridge a few years ago. 

Literally.  Wish I had taken pictures, but a gang of hardcore meeces ate their way through the Styrofoam insulating layer of a small larder fridge all the way into the salad compartment at the bottom.  I only noticed when they had made it all the way through, though the volume of small Styrofoam bits wafting around the kitchen at floor level had been causing me some concern... 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Someone I used to know had a bass combo that sat in a cupboard and was almost never used. One day he got it out, turned it on and it went bang...

It turned out rats (I think so rather than mice, from the size of the hole) had chewed their way into the back of it, made a nest in there and had also chewed up part of the mains transformer, which was mounted on the outside of the chassis. I have no idea why, it wasn't in their way and it can't have had any use for nesting material, it was just plastic and wire. They'd also made a hole in the speaker cone.

I suggested rewiring it so the chassis was live and putting it carefully back where it was...! Although I bet it wouldn't have killed the little f***ers - squirrels like to chew mains wiring as well and they don't seem to get zapped.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    Little blighters like to use the sound deadening material in the engine bay of my Van to make nests, seems that they also like the 'hard' plastic fuel lines too, as a found out last year when after a couple of months 'lay up' I started the van to find fuel squirting all over the place.

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    VimFuego said:

I was concerned about this, so employed a couple of mouse traps

Cute mouse traps. :)