Fender Machete - discontinued?

BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755

Hi guys.

Just I'll ask here, as was very surprised when I've seen few of the Fender Machete amps going on sale for half the price at few big online UK shops. Just few of them left and it looks like that's it for now.

Which is a shame, as I wanted to try those since Fender introduced that series. They don't look great imho, but seem to be versatile and quality sounding. Anybody knows what's happening? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3617
    I would imagine they have been discontinued otherwise you wouldn't be seeing such large discounts.
  • Damn shame. All the demos say that was the only amp they've ever made that I might've been interested in.
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72263
    Damn shame. All the demos say that was the only amp they've ever made that I might've been interested in.
    Sounds like a good time to buy one at a good price...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Damn shame. All the demos say that was the only amp they've ever made that I might've been interested in.
    Honestly, I would if it weren't for the fact that I've just spent all the money I own repairing a dog...
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    Honestly, I would if it weren't for the fact that I've just spent all the money I own repairing a dog...
    I also noticed a Red has just popped up on the classifieds :D

• I also noticed a Red has just popped up on the classifieds :D

Not helping, dude :P
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    I'm currently suffering because I've been looking for a TM120 for about 3 years and one has just appeared on basschat. 
  • ICBM;157087" said:
    Yeah, but unfortunately no heads available any more. Don't see much of them going 2nd hand either.
  • ICBM;157087" said:
    Yeah, but unfortunately no heads available any more. Don't see much of them going 2nd hand either.
    I think that's mainly because they didn't sell well - not many of them around. Let's face it, nobody really thinks "Fender" when they're looking for an amp like this.
    <space for hire>
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    That does like a very nice amp - if they had been that price tostart with they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough but at 2K for the combo it was never going to compete with more obvious gainmonsters.

I was just looking at them on the gak site and they appear to still have the heads for 749.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    I've seen GAK discounting them, but who else is? Is the pricing consistent everywhere?
  • AkisAkis Frets: 0
    I first found out about this amp a few days ago when I received GAK's email about the sale. The demos were impressive and yesterday I decided to buy the head + cab. I'm pleased to say it sounds as good as in the demos!
  • It'll be a shame, it's probably the best amp fender have come up with for a while! I've not heard one in person, but I've heard that the gain really is great, can be pretty brutal or get up to fusiony lead work and shredz, while the cleans are just proper nice.  

The 5153 important channel was done by Peavey and EVH himself, but it follows as a close runner up for making the old 5150/6505 thing even more betterer and usable for many.  
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350

For anyone still interested in these, Coda have just reduced their 2nd hand/ex-demo head & cab from £1,498 to £699, which represents a deal and a bloody half in my book - http://www.coda-music.com/fender-machete-head-matching-secondhand-p-17131.html

Tempted myself, but money don't grow on trees sadly :-(