NPD - Digitech Freqout

What's Hot
firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
What a laugh I had with this at rehearsal last night...really dynamic sounding, makes solos really interesting as long as you don't overdo it. We were rehearsing David Bowie songs such as Heroes where an EBow type effect was needed and it nailed it but more natural than EBow.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    They're a bit of fun aren't they? I got mine yesterday too after one popped up in the classifieds. I'm tempted to take it to the two gigs we have this weekend but I'm not sure I can be trusted to not over use it.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Very tempted to get one of these. Off the check my piggy bank. 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    Yep, this is (as far as im aware) the only pedal im gassing for. i had a boss df-2 for a while but you needed the gain on for it to work and the fb-2 took too long for the feedback to start, this, i think would be bloody rad though.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    they look like so much fun, I think i may treat myself too!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader

I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Did think they might be the new Friedman BE-OD - lots of wants then lots of sales in the classifieds soon after... :)  but went for it.

Quick question, what sort of power are you running yours on @firepaulmusic @simonk ? I'm hoping it'll do on 100ma or I'll have to mess around my board to feed it.

@Corvus  The manual quotes consumption at 235mA. I've tried it with an old Line6 adapter rated at 200mA and it worked OK. 100mA might be pushing it... have to try it and see I guess.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Ouch.. cheers Simon for some reason i thought it was 140ma stated, so hoped 100 might be OK... must've dreamt that :)
  • The one pedal I want Fractal to put into the Axe FX, looks great fun indeed.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Mine's fun, but will be getting returned cause it's a tone sucker. Just kills my dynamics when bypassed. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Probably no use for one but I watched a couple of the YouTube videos. I got the impression there's a bit of practice required if you want to make it sound like naturally occurring feedback, some of the examples seemed to leap out from nowhere.

235ma seems a lot, I'd have to change my PSU as well I think.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
    Probably no use for one but I watched a couple of the YouTube videos. I got the impression there's a bit of practice required if you want to make it sound like naturally occurring feedback, some of the examples seemed to leap out from nowhere.

235ma seems a lot, I'd have to change my PSU as well I think.
    I found it created a lot of hum on my board until I gave it it's own 9v PSU...
  • xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
    ruoma said:
    Mine's fun, but will be getting returned cause it's a tone sucker. Just kills my dynamics when bypassed. 
    That can't be right. It's true bypass.

I'm not technical, but maybe the momentary mode isn't true bypass so it can be turned on and off instantly? But the latching mode can't have any effect on tone.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Where would this go in the chain? Mine should arrive soon.
    @VJIves it should go first as it needs to 'see' the pickups.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    simonk said:
    @VJIves it should go first as it needs to 'see' the pickups.
    Yeah, makes sense, thanks. This and the Ricochet are both pretty thirsty, might have to upgrade my power supply.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    edited May 2017
    where did you guys get your pedals from? I can't find it in stock anywhere...

edit: all UK places seem to be out of stock. Went with Thomann in the end.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited May 2017
    Momentary is buffered I guess, like the Ricochet. Need to be careful with it and fuzzes. 

All of of my digitechs are power hungry and dont like sharing an output - no daisy chaining! Though the Ricochet isn't as touchy as the Obscura and Polara are.
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
    Lots of testing for tone suckage today, decided it doesn't. Thought it was making everything sound really tinny to start with but my wah was on doh!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    ruoma said:
    That can't be right. It's true bypass.

I'm not technical, but maybe the momentary mode isn't true bypass so it can be turned on and off instantly? But the latching mode can't have any effect on tone.
    True, tested it again today and you're right, with the buffer off it doesn't tone suck. But with the momentary switch it really does for me. Just don't like the buffer. I would just leave it off and step on it when needed, but with the momentary off, it has a little audio interruption when engaged, so pretty useless! Too bad!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    Does the Whammy Ricochet have the same rubbish buffered bypass on momentary setting?