Fretboard raffle - Draw complete!! Winners announced!!

What's Hot
BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
edited June 2017 in Guitar

After the success of last year's efforts, and in a bid to keep going in getting money pumped into one of the most worthwhile charities ever to beat a nasty, horrific disease..

The 2017 Mrs Travisthedog Race For Life MEGA RAFFLE is GO!!!!!

As you may have seen from @Travisthedog 's other thread - Mrs T is running Race For Life. Us Fretboarders made a big contribution to her efforts last year and we raised a stack of cash. 

And as per last year, I'm running a prize raffle.

The rules are very very simple - please do follow them as I don't want you to miss out on a ticket in the draw!

1. Make a Donation to Mrs T's Race for Life page: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/sarahs-fundraising-page-5393 we all earn different amounts, so it's simple - you donate what you can. 50p or £500 - don't care, just do what you feel comfortable with. 

2. PM me to let me know that you have donated, and I will add you to the raffle list
3. One of my hairy pooches will select the winners
4. I will announce here

The raffle will be drawn on 30th May which after Mrs T runs the Dorchester 5k (!!) but plenty of time to cover payday etc!

Prizes so far

Morley Power Wah very kindly donated by @vasselmeyer
CryBaby Wah very kindly donated by @littlegreenman
White 2015 Danelectro DC59 very kindly donated by @Placidcasual79 - the jack socket is crackly, but it's a very easy fix!!
3 pack of Elixir Acoustics (3 set deal) - gauge 12 - very kindly donated by @guitars4you
3 pack of Ernie Ball Regular Slinky (3 set deal) - 10 gauge - very kindly donated by @guitars4you
JC Tool Kit as used on the Fender Custom Shop Guitars  - very kindly donated by @guitars4you
£50 Gift Voucher for a Guitar Shop of your choice - donated by me, as I figured I'd do something different this year
DOD Gunslinger  - very kindly purchased from my family member for sale listing and donated as a prize by a member who wishes to remain anonymous
MXR GTOD - Donated by the man himself! @Travisthedog
Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo - Very kindly donated by @markslade07
Korg Volca Beats drum machine - Very kindly donated by @thecolourbox
Biyang Baby Boom Time Machine AD-10 delay - Very kindly donated by @FRockStar
A set of buckers/Strat singles/Tele singles/P90s of the winner's choice - very kindly donated by @Alegree
Oil City 5th anniversary Triple Blues Strat pickups. These will be an extra to the limited run, and will be built specially for the winner, with their name engraved on the baseplates as well as the '5th anniversary' script - very kindly donated by @TheGuitarWeasel
Behringer Slow Gear clone  - very kindly donated by @Moss
Pod v2 with all the trimmings!  - very kindly donated by @usedtobe
Ammoon Chorus Pedal - very kindly donated by @UnclePsychosis
- An Epiphone Slash LP in a Hard Case. This isn't one of the cheapo ones but one of the original ones that went for 700 quid or so (Massive thanks to @Seating)
- A Jooky Strat (http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/86087/) also massive thanks to @Seating
Thorpy Free The Tone SOV-2 clone pedal - Very kindly donated by @equalsql
A climbing lesson, but not in the south or Scotland (!)  - very kindly donated by @Legionreturns ;;;
The MOST IMPRESSIVE AND MASSIVE Oil City Custom FB Pickup Offer - You design and have built your own special 'endorsee set' @TheGuitarWeasel - you are a legend.
3 sets of the posh Ernie Ball Cobalt strings (9-46 gauge) - Very kindly donated by @handsomerik ;;;

I will draw one winner from the 'hat' for each prize, so if you enter there's actually pretty decent odds of ending up with a prize. 

If you would like to donate a Prize - it's not too late, simply PM me and I'll add your very much appreciated gift to the pot. 

Please do join in everyone! It's a great bit of fun, and considering we have 7 prizes already it's worth having a punt! And don't forget - every single penny goes to Cancer Research UK

Go!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Meant to also say - if you've donated already and you'd like to be in the raffle then please do PM me and I'll add you in!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DOD Gunslinger added as a prize!
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    edited May 2017
    great stuff @Bridgehouse ;;
    turns out you do have a heart after all. not the swinging brick on a string the rumours would have you believe, i shall get a donation sorted when i get back from the village of London. have a free bump in the meantime. 

Oh and i shall have a look in my guitar box and see if i have anything kicking about to donate as well. 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    edited May 2017
    I put up a Danelectro Cool Cat Trem for the raffle in the other thread.....shall I pm you too @Bridgehouse ?

Edit - I'll PM you now....
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Pm'd
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Pm'd
    Quick bump to say thanks to everyone entering so far - I will update with more detail tonight.

Do please join in if you can - and I'm still very open to more prize donations!!
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    @Bridgehouse don't forget the MXR GTOD I've put in the pot mate
    @Bridgehouse don't forget the MXR GTOD I've put in the pot mate
    Good point mate! I'll update the first post later!!!
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9710
    A lovely idea as always, I'd like to put it out there now though that if I don't win the Dano as I fully expect to, I'll be so upset :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wow, came home to a load of PMs today!

More prizes to add.. I will update later. 

Keep making your donations guys - its brilliant to see the total going up and up!!
    Well well well.

It's getting serious now. 

11 prizes in the list and they are corkers!

But, it's time for a ££ UNLOCK. @Seating has very kindly offered 2 guitars to the list. Yes. TWO guitars:

- An Epiphone Slash LP in a Hard Case. This isn't one of the cheapo ones but one of the original ones that went for 700 quid or so
    - A Jooky Strat (http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/86087/)

Now, this is an immensely generous offer and I really want to make sure @Travisthedog gets maximum donation potential before offering these up. So, here's what we will do - If Mrs T's donation page gets up to £700 (with a big fat contribution from you good folk) then I will add these two great prizes into the draw as well. 

If we don't get up to this, then @Seating will sell them and donate the cash directly to the page (hope I understood you correctly, chap!!) 

Here's the Epi Slash:

0reaction image LOL 18reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    What a guy!
    This is brilliant, what a great place fb really is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Wow, that's amazing, I feel like I should have donated more. The reason I didn't is because I usually give smaller amounts to lots of different charities rather than a big amount to a few. 

It's really amazing seeing people raise funds like this. 
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    Once again you guys leave us speechless - @Seating thank you, thank you so much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Updated to add a Biyang Baby Boom Time Machine AD-10 delay very kindly donated by FRockStar!!
    (That's 12 prizes now!!!!!!!!)