This shouldn't work but...

What's Hot
CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
Trying to get a nice sound for a gig we have Friday.

Been ages since I've gigged. Used to play 3 times a week. But these days we just record.

Anyways. I set all the pedals up and it sounded not great. Especially the pitchfork which is noisy as hell 

My fiance bought me an ipad dock for recording with a preamp in it sounds nice just clean.so ran it into my amp. With no fx and it sounded nice. Added fx and it sounded great.

So then I tried the jam up app. It's great and free. And everything sounds good at home levels. 

I am tempted to gig with it. But ..... fear of new things etc.

Now the amp modeller is a vox and it's running into a vox. Surely it shouldn't sound good. ?? 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    If it sounds good, go with it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    If it sounds good, go with it.
    Yep, this is the only way to truely evaluate gear. 

Remember Richie Blackmore used a tape recorder Preamp in front of his Marshall heads cos it sounded better than without. 

People used EchoPlex delays with the delay switched off for the same reason. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    As said - go for it. Jamup is really really good. I'd be far more worried about reliability than tone with that setup, and honestly I wouldn't really be worried about reliability either.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    Had the same problem with my Pitch Fork, found it needs to be on an authentic EHX power supply or otherwise its so noisey in a chain or sharing power with other pedals. Think i'm gonna replace it for a richochet instead, giving up on EHX to many problems!!
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
    I think the pitchfork takes a battery.so will try it. It is a great pedal. Just annoying.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey