Shergold Guitars Review

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Jesus.

As Wez says, I learnt nothing from that, except that Andertons videos are just not worth watching.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Jack_ said:
    I did lol recently at Chappers, who has been a D'Addario user for life and has told everyone else to use them forever is now all of a sudden an Ernie Ball man, because the Paradigm strings are so good, and in no way because Ernie Ball are now sponsoring him.

The best skill a YouTuber can have is dressing up sponsorship or paid promotions as genuine. But eventually you become an artist at it, and then it becomes hard for the informed to take what you say seriously.

Much the same as Ryan Bruce; came along with some good content, but now his channel is bogged down with all the stuff he's paid for/sponsored by.
    Hmmm Chappers did much the same when he got his Dimarzio endorsement, later although he gets a Seymour Duncan deal and refers to 'dirty Dimarzio' in a vid, hopefully he's learnt from that. 

Jump ships by all means, he'll I've changed brands often enough and I don't even get stuff free or discounted. 

But dont diss the previous brand. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Shergolds - all over Joy Division and  early New Order stuff, which is good enough for me.
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    Me mate bought a Shergold. Had quite a few flaws in the finish so it's already gone back to GAK. He's expecting another one on the way so I will report back on it when it arrives!
    He sent me two pictures of the flaws in the finish (I'm unsure if they're exhaustive).

They're not massive... But it is a brand new guitar. I asked the general consensus in my office and they all agreed it should go back. Personally, I don't think I would be that bothered.

What say you forum?

http://i.imgur.com/xdWedGS.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ODxtevI.jpg

Just to be 100% clear, I don't want to start a Shergold bashing thread. I think they look like great guitars and I'm sure the 2nd one he receives will be spot on. 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Snap said:
    Shergolds - all over Joy Division and  early New Order stuff, which is good enough for me.
    The "real" ones, yeah.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    Snap said:
    It's a good enough reason for me to have a distinct and quirky original 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7014
    tFB Trader
    Snap said:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    What say you forum?
    Send copies of the photos to GAK. Express dissatisfaction at what was had for the money. Enquire about their returns policy but hint that a partial refund or a credit note would be an acceptable alternative.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    Hardware looks interesting but Dear God, they are uglier than Deidre Barlow at a Gurning Contest 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I'm keeping shtum because I clicked on it, saw it was 22 minutes long and it featured Chappers and "the Captain" wearing stupid ties and clicked off 3 seconds later. Life's too short for watching adults trying to behave like teenagers to attract teenagers trying to behave like adults.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    It looks like a strat that has been left near a radiator for many, many years.
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    Update: The second Shergold wasn't up to scratch apparently. To the point GAK wouldn't send it out (although they didn't elaborate). So me mates Shergold experience has been short lived!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I quite like them. The one with the P90 especially.