NPD - Mooer Ocean Machine

What's Hot
smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664

So, after this pedal was suggested to me by @EricTheWeary while I was looking for a dual delay option, I did some digging and while there wasn't a massive amount of info/demo video's available, I liked what I saw/heard and decided to give it a punt.

It arrived yesterday, and I've only had a very small play around with it at bedroom levels, but I'm really impressed with it so far.

It has two basic modes - simple "play" mode where all 3 pedals work as if they were independent stomp boxes, or a saved "preset" mode where the pedal will store all current settings and assign to a patch.

The delay's sound great - albeit there are some really crazy settings that I can't see me ever using. I haven't really used reverb too much, but this also sounds pretty good to me - the independent shimmer control that can be applied to any of the reverbs is a brilliant option.

Another great feature is that you can freeze any of the effects by holding down the footswitch while the pedal is on.

Will give it a good run through at band rehearsal tonight and see how it stands up with some overdrive/distortion involved!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/8243F3F3-C2DA-42A9-9610-6B7AC9076E50.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/E4390CE9-B132-4FE1-8F0E-E6998E7D58E8.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/6868F98E-C6C6-499D-9E36-D82A125BA93E.jpg

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    :astonished:  I take no responsibility...

Yes, I've still yet to see a decent video. The only properly made one was the Andertons one but they clearly hadn't read the manual, had no idea of anything interesting you can do with a delay and added a shed load of reverb so you couldn't hear things clearly anyway. 
    Without rewatching them I think it's this one that explains what it can do, although not the best sound and, IIRC, the Mooer demonstrator says something to the effect that he doesn't use complex delays (FFS!).

I'll be interested to know how you get on, I have two delays and a reverb on my board and this would not just tidy that up but give me some new possibilities. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
    Did you get a good price in this. I quite like the idea. But they would do well to do them at a low introduction price or something

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Did you get a good price in this. I quite like the idea. But they would do well to do them at a low introduction price or something
    Given what this pedal does and given the price of the competition, I think it's priced very competitively. You are getting a lot for your money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Agreed. And good points made. I guess it's just having faith in the brand. The analogue pedals I've had sound good. Not so much the digital. But this is a huge step forward. And it looks perfect. Maybe I will take the leap and try it.

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    Given what this pedal does and given the price of the competition, I think it's priced very competitively. You are getting a lot for your money.

Cheapest I could find it was £229 online, but was not available until the end of May. I paid £249. There was one on e-bay until the weekend that the guy had won in a competition so I had my eye on it, but it ended up selling for almost full retail price so didn't see the point.
    Agreed. And good points made. I guess it's just having faith in the brand. The analogue pedals I've had sound good. Not so much the digital. But this is a huge step forward. And it looks perfect. Maybe I will take the leap and try it.

I was a TAD reluctant to go for it, as I haven't tried any other Mooer pedals before, but I was impressed with the video's I did see so I thought I'd give it a try. Still have 60 day return policy etc if it turns out it's not for me.

So far it seems perfect - great capabilities minus the complexity of something like the DD-500

A 60 day return policy? Where did you get it?
    A 60 day return policy? Where did you get it?
    https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/ :)
    Cheapest I can find, today, via Google is Bax, £211 and four days delivery ( although I know some people are a bit wary of Bax). It's not as cheap as chips but if you had to buy two decent delays and a reverb plus the programmability this offers...two Flashbacks and a Hall of Fame would come to about £390 for example. 
    Wow great policy

Cheapest I can find, today, via Google is Bax, £211 and four days delivery ( although I know some people are a bit wary of Bax). It's not as cheap as chips but if you had to buy two decent delays and a reverb plus the programmability this offers...two Flashbacks and a Hall of Fame would come to about £390 for example. 

This is disappointing since I only bought it on Sunday.......£38 cheaper. F*ckers!

This is disappointing since I only bought it on Sunday.......£38 cheaper. F*ckers!
    I hadn't seen your post when I did mine, I then tried to delete it in case you thought I was trolling but work wi fi wouldn't cooperate :anguished: 
    I guess you could try contacting Bax but these things seem to fluctuate a lot. 
    I shall go and do some actual work now, that would be less harmful... :flushed: 

I hadn't seen your post when I did mine, I then tried to delete it in case you thought I was trolling but work wi fi wouldn't cooperate :anguished: 
    I guess you could try contacting Bax but these things seem to fluctuate a lot. 
    I shall go and do some actual work now, that would be less harmful... :flushed: 

Not to worry mate, not your fault :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Send it back. Buy again. 
    Bax prices go up and down a lot . I was watching a reflex for a while and in two weeks it went from 169 to 215 and back about 8 times...
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Might be the best demo. Amazing amount of flexibility.