NGD. Telecaster Deluxe Nashville.

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4671
Arrived today.  Played for about an hour.  Put it back in the bag in the box and it's going back.

Why?  I don't like the neck, described as a modern C.  Nothing like the modern C on the Strat I sold though, but that was a 9.5" radius, not 12", and I think this is the issue.  It just feels a lot bigger.

And....the range of sounds is strange.  I reckon only the top three settings - neck, neck & middle, middle - are useable with the bridge pickup being far too plinky.  And the volume drops off like a stone if you use the tone control as well.

It's a shame as it was a bargain - only six months old and in mint condition - and it looks lovely.  There you go.  If anyone is interested before it goes, pm me and maybe we could work something out.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    I was considering one of these in my Tele quest but I didn't like it at all. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    Good.  Not just me then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    In my opinion, this is a clear case of getting what you pay for. 

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, anybody expecting an irrefutably professional quality Fender electric guitar should pay the proper price for the model with American Professional in its name.

Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, anybody expecting an irrefutably professional quality Fender electric guitar should pay the proper price for the model with American Professional in its name.

There's not a lot wrong with the quality - I just don't like it.  I've tried all sorts of Tele's and really struggled to find one I liked a lot.  I couldn't find one of these in a shop anywhere so took a punt on this used one.  I doubt that I would like an overpriced American Professional any more to be fair.

Maybe the maple board is having more effect than I thought it would too.
    The stock pickups in the MIM Telecaster will be less than optimal. If the body has attractively grained veneer facings over a spread of alder pieces, it will probably leave something to be desired.
    Be seeing you.
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    The stock pickups in the MIM Telecaster will be less than optimal. If the body has attractively grained veneer facings over a spread of alder pieces, it will probably leave something to be desired.
    They have Noisless pickups, same as the US Clapton. And there's no veneer, its solid. 

This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    MattFGBI said:
    They have Noisless pickups, same as the US Clapton. And there's no veneer, its solid.
    Well said.   There's now't wrong with it but it's not what I was after.  Unfortunately, none to be tried out anywhere nearby or else I would have done so first.
    Also,the guitar has had very good reviews so it can't be so bad, just not right for me, which is disapointing as I want to love it.
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3723
    @Funkfingers Are you being sponsored to say 'at the risk of staying the bleedin' obvious' in as many threads as possible?
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    @Funkfingers Are you being sponsored to say 'at the risk of staying the bleedin' obvious' in as many threads as possible?
    How else is he going to get the wisdom count up?
    edited May 2017
    Yes.

Isn't it obvious? 

MattFGBI said:
    They have Noiseless pickups
    I rest my case.
    Be seeing you.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    The body rout on the American standard for some years (not sure if it's still the case) allowed for a middle pickup and/or a neck humbucker without having to mod the body. I'd suggest finding a secondhand American standard that you like the feel of and then purchase a strat pickup, pickguard and 5 way switch -mod it to the sound your after on a guitar you like the feel of and its completely reversible. Oh and all that will probably cost you less than a new mim Nashville.
    Yes.

Isn't it obvious? 

MattFGBI said:
    They have Noiseless pickups
    I rest my case.
    Good enough for EC so more than good enough for me I should have thought.
    The body rout on the American standard for some years (not sure if it's still the case) allowed for a middle pickup and/or a neck humbucker without having to mod the body. I'd suggest finding a secondhand American standard that you like the feel of and then purchase a strat pickup, pickguard and 5 way switch -mod it to the sound your after on a guitar you like the feel of and its completely reversible. Oh and all that will probably cost you less than a new mim Nashville.
    But I have already spent less than the cost of a new MiM Nashville.
    And I already have a perfectly good Strat too.............
    edited May 2017
    Resistance is futile. Beam me up, Scotty.  :s
    Be seeing you.
    rlw said:
    Fair enough...but you know you'd rather a tele over a strat anyday. ;)
    rlw said:
    Fair enough...but you know you'd rather a tele over a strat anyday. ;)
    You say that but......
    Anyway, after another couple of hours, I think it might be staying.  It's a lot more complicated than the Strat as the sounds you get can get aren't so obvious, but when you get there, they're OK.  I'm warming to it.

The bridge pickup, tone full up, a bit of overdrive and some echo and, I have to admit, it sounds really good.

What I don't get is what it's doing to my fingers.  It's got 9-42s, same as the Strat, but it seems much harder to play, BUT, it is making me play better.

Like me, you need to know it to get the best out of it.............
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420

I completely disagree with this.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    rlw said:
    Anyway, after another couple of hours, I think it might be staying.  It's a lot more complicated than the Strat as the sounds you get can get aren't so obvious, but when you get there, they're OK.  I'm warming to it.

The bridge pickup, tone full up, a bit of overdrive and some echo and, I have to admit, it sounds really good.

What I don't get is what it's doing to my fingers.  It's got 9-42s, same as the Strat, but it seems much harder to play, BUT, it is making me play better.

Like me, you need to know it to get the best out of it.............
    Sounds to me like you need to set it up with 10s and then to just spend some time with it. No 2 guitars are ever the same and if the nuences are off you might want to try different pickups until you find the right fit for you. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I think that model originally had tex mex pickups in it when it was launched as a friend of mine had one and it sounded great.  I've never had a set of noiseless pickups I actually liked though it was a strat and not a tele I tried a few sets in.