Richards Guitars

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• harryharry Frets: 2
    Big problem is he sells guitars he doesn’t have. Waited well over a month for a guitar I ordered only to be told it hadn’t even been sent from his supplier to him. Plus the wait for his set up. He just doesn’t give a toss how long anyone has to wait for one of his bloody guitars.
    Next time I’ll buy a guitar that someone has actually got.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • harryharry Frets: 2
    One week left to Christmas and still no guitar. Could have chopped the f###ing tree down myself and made one by now. Luckily I had the sense to buy on a credit card so if he pulls the same stunt he has on others I can claim under section 75 of the credit act.
    Never had this problem in over twenty years of buying online, just goes to show you should always check up on forums like this before handing your money over to a tosser.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • harry are you sorted yet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • fatneck59fatneck59 Frets: 1
    edited January 27

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 484
    FWIW I bought a guitar from Richard a few years ago, and it was certainly an experience.

My takeaway from it all was that he's basically one of life's chaotic individuals who over-commits and hasn't quite squared wish fulfillment with expectation management for whatever reasons of history/health/character. And that can lead to some interactions that have the potential to escalate quickly.

All of my interactions were pleasant - email, online chat, and a very pleasant day spent in the shop when I visited, just trying stuff out and chatting. However, at pretty much every stage nothing was quite as promised, although there was always a reason (I didn't debate the reasons, as my interpretation would have been somewhat different to his in a number of cases).

Fortunately I was in a position where I was under no pressure, other than internal GAS, and could afford to be chilled out about things and just roll with it. If I was asked to do a consultancy job on the gaps between the stated commitment to customer care and the actual customer experience, it would probably not be a welcome report, however (it'd be valuable though - place could be a goldmine with a few really basic tweaks to make the reality match the aspiration). Nothing major for me, but lots of little disconnects that in other circumstances, or with another personality, could have led to a less positive outcome.

End result: I got a guitar I love, at a price that was fair, with a few frustrations and wrinkles in the process. And a mental note that I would go back, but only on the strict understanding that what I was interested in was in stock, and that I was going to the shop to sort out all the detail. And ideally liaising with his wife on anything where it mattered (like the items concerned actually, definitely, being in the shop for the day I was turning up - you know, little stuff :) ).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter