Arbiter LP Jnr

Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
edited May 2017 in Guitar
I saw this pop up: https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/1970s-arbiter-les-paul-junior-copy/1239791426

I've had a google, but there's not a huge amount of info, but it's a set neck, looks like a well made guitar, is it worth the asking price? (Because I like it)

Seems Arbiter were a distributer that at times badged things coming out of the FujiGen factory? Billy Bragg had one...
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    edited May 2017
    Noice - apart from the incorrect bridge/tailpiece.

If the pickup is stock, it's a very fair price. If the pickup is an upgrade, that price is a steal.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Depends how much you like it, I suppose...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    edited May 2017
    Bradenstoke, Wiltshire, is at least an hour's drive from Mr. Seven's gaff. Perhaps, you can beat him to it?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    Agree that £250 is a v good price, I was looking for one of these for a couple of years - they usually go for closer to £400 on the eeb. £250 is closer to what you would pay for a used Epi 57 Reissue Junior, but with a nicer finish, and a more 'correct' neck/body joint and wraptail angle. Condition looks good too - won't last long! If it was close to me I might be on it myself!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    I used to have one and it was a great instrument. As said by others, £250 is a great price. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    This purchase has my full approval . . .now . . . .. make it so !!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Ahhh I love junior's! Doesn't matter what it says on the headstock. That actually looks just like my 87 Gibson junior cept mine has tuneamatic