Which one do you use between pedals?

What's Hot
d8md8m Frets: 2434
edited February 2014 in FX
Patch cable:

Double Ended Jack:

I've often been tempted by the jack-jack adapters but have reservations(paranoia) about them snapping.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Wow! You'd have to stand really close to the amp with either of those :D
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Both.  On my board it's not always possible to get everything in-line
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    jellyroll said:
    Wow! You'd have to stand really close to the amp with either of those :D

:))

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Patch cable, no question. Those connector jacks are crap for stressing out pedal jack sockets/PCB connections even if you think it's a perfect fit and you've got dainty feet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Cirrus said:
    Patch cable, no question. Those connector jacks are crap for stressing out pedal jack sockets/PCB connections even if you think it's a perfect fit and you've got dainty feet.
    And they actually take up more space than a patch cable. Just avoid them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I've never liked the idea of the connectors, the potential for breaking the pedal if there's some movement or by kicking it be accident seems too great for me. With patch cables there's some play at least
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    edited February 2014
    Never had any problem with them breaking or breaking anything else.  You can only use the inline ones if the sockets line up.

I also use these when the holes don't match up......but I'm sure some of you guys know better  :P

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    The real problem with even the offset ones is that they rely on the jacks being exactly horizontal - most pedals aren't, because they're diecast boxes which have to have a small 'release angle' to get them out of the die, hence the jacks point upwards very slightly. If you connect two of them together with a rigid coupler, you're stressing the jacks.

Some pedals do have them truly horizontal - like the little Marshall pedals, because the jacks are mounted on a PCB even though the casings are also diecast.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein