Fender Classic 60s Telecaster colours question

thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
The Fender Classic 60s Telecaster seems to be available now in Olympic White and Candy Apple Red. I seem to remember that when this model was introduced it was white blonde or black. Does anybody know when CAR came in? I  have something interesting here, which will be revealed in another thread...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Pretty sure they were always available in black, white (not blonde) or red. Not sure if it was CAR though...
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    edited May 2017
    Thinking about it, the Muddy Waters Tele came out at around the same time, and that was basically a 60s Classic in CAR with slightly different hardware.

Anyway, for lovers of mystery, more on this after I finish my law essay!
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    They were always white/black/CAR but I think they began phasing out the black ones a while back. 
    Thinking about it, the Muddy Waters Tele came out at around the same time, and that was basically a 60s Classic in CAR with slightly different hardware.

Anyway, for lovers of mystery, more on this after I finish my law essay!
    If you search TDPRI for threads on the muddy waters tele, there's a lot of interest in the pickups because people really like them and they're not the same as the classic 60s pickups.