Good anthemic singalong songs for a pub/club band ?

What's Hot

Comments

• KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    Day We Caught The Train - OCS. Never fails.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    We do funk and classic disco material and you can see (but not hear) all the girls mouthing the lyrics to nearly everything. If you want to hear the crowd you have to get the drunk 'lads' singing, it only needs a few to start and the whole crowd will join in (until they stand back for the lad with his shirt off to dance like a nutter and collapse).
    500 miles is easy to remember and will usually get a response.
    Let it be/Hey Jude.
    Whatever you want./Quo.
    There must be an ABBA classic but I can't think, Maybe 'I have a ream'
    Has anybody mentioned Angles yet?

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6481
    Google wedding bands - most of them post their setlists on their websites and you'll get a ton of good suggestions. Not necessarily cool suggestions, but good ones!

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    siraxeman said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

End the night with "Angels".

Not sure if that's been done before.

That's a good call...though not sure how good that sounds with no piano. We is but a simple 4 piece bass/drums/guitar/vox

A few of the suggestions so far we already do...Jonny B Good, Proud Mary, All Right Now, Whiskey In The Jar.

The Jovi track is a good call, we do Its My Life already but Livin - our signerist is scared that's too high for him.

Well even if they down tune these days it's too high for jbj too. Let's the crowd do it or drops an octave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    For a bit of crowd contribution ( assuming a bit of middle aged bias in the crowd) more Slade - We'll Bring the House Down. 
    Struggling to think anything from our set is appropriate but everyone in the world knows Message to you (Rudy), if you do the horn bit on guitar to break up the three chordness of it 

guitars4you said:
    for something silly try 'Nelly The Elephant' can't recall who did it or the Banana Splits theme tune and always use to go down well was I wanna be like you from Jungle Book/Louis Prima
    Nelly the Elephant was the Toy Dolls. Lot harder to play than you might imagine (for me anyway). Olga from the Dolls did a YouTube tutorial where he clearly couldn't remember half of it. 
    The Banana Splits theme was The Dickies, not yet in my collection of new wave classics I can half play. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    On Saturday we had good results with "What's Up", by Four Non Blondes. Yet other times it's gone without a murmur. What you really need for a singalong is a few drunks, especially women
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    If you want something fun, and contemp, Viva La Vida. However, you need 2 good vox and keys.

I have never heard anything quite to compare to a whole stadium singing it when Coldsore do it live....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    edited May 2017
    2 4 6 8 Motorway by Tom Robinson
    Things Can Only Get Better by D'ream.. I hate it but the drunken punters love it.
    Hiho Silver Lining by Jeff Beck

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited May 2017
    Gassage said:
    If you want something fun, and contemp, Viva La Vida. However, you need 2 good vox and keys.

I have never heard anything quite to compare to a whole stadium singing it when Coldsore do it live....
    From now on I shall be referring to that band as Herpes...
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    For a bit of crowd contribution ( assuming a bit of middle aged bias in the crowd) more Slade - We'll Bring the House Down. 
    Struggling to think anything from our set is appropriate but everyone in the world knows Message to you (Rudy), if you do the horn bit on guitar to break up the three chordness of it 

guitars4you said:
    for something silly try 'Nelly The Elephant' can't recall who did it or the Banana Splits theme tune and always use to go down well was I wanna be like you from Jungle Book/Louis Prima
    Nelly the Elephant was the Toy Dolls. Lot harder to play than you might imagine (for me anyway). Olga from the Dolls did a YouTube tutorial where he clearly couldn't remember half of it. 
    The Banana Splits theme was The Dickies, not yet in my collection of new wave classics I can half play. 
    Slade nailed the football crowd chant/song in the 70's and many tracks still valid today - some less known like Far Far Away but will go down well today as the crowd will remember them once you get going - yet somehow some of these songs are not as easy to play as you think - I don't gig now but tried a few in the past and they don't ll work to well - maybe its Noddy's raw voice that sold the songs

What about Ram Jam - Black Betty
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Anything by Chas & Dave.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Shut up and dance by Walk The Moon 
    Proud Mary
    Locked out of heaven by Bruno Mars
    Shake Your Tail feather (just miss out the intro and go into "well i heard...")
    Jailhouse Rock - elvis
    Crazy little thing called love - queen
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Depending on the prospective audience/venue I might have suggested:
    Blur's Parklife,
    several tracks by The Beatles might qualify but these two for starters ... Lucy in the Sky ... Paperback Writer ...,
    Pinball Wizard,
    Hawaii 5-0 Theme - great as an intro number
    I Shot the Sheriff
    House of the Rising Sun
    Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire and possibly (Ghost) Riders in the Sky
    and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes* has a female vocalist, then Venus first penned by Shocking Blue, and made famous by Banarama)

* and if you spotted the Floyd lyric, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Glad all over by  . . that band
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    Glad all over by  . . that band
    great shout on that one - and maybe do it as a medley with 'Bits n Pieces'

guitars4you said:
    Slade nailed the football crowd chant/song in the 70's and many tracks still valid today - some less known like Far Far Away but will go down well today as the crowd will remember them once you get going - yet somehow some of these songs are not as easy to play as you think - I don't gig now but tried a few in the past and they don't ll work to well - maybe its Noddy's raw voice that sold the songs

What about Ram Jam - Black Betty
    Black Betty always seems about four times longer than I remember it being. There's a version by Oli Brown which is less twiddly, he gets it down to about two minutes IIRC and might work well for the OP as it's very stripped down vocal, guitar, bass and drums (the Tom Jones version is different again,surely we all remember that one...). And, yes, Black Betty is a traditional American folk song (sometimes attributed to Leadbelly although, apparently, falsely) and not a Ram Jam Band song. 
    tFB Trader
    Peggy Sue
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    . And, yes, Black Betty is a traditional American folk song (sometimes attributed to Leadbelly although, apparently, falsely) and not a Ram Jam Band song. 
    did not know that - good info
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    HAL9000 said:
    2-4-6-8 Motorway -TRB
    If you are feeling brave, cover Tom's other hit. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    HAL9000 said:
    2-4-6-8 Motorway -TRB
    If you are feeling brave, cover Tom's other hit. ;)
    I'm now thinking of a great concept for a band - one that only plays songs banned by the BBC. It could go from With My Little Stick of Blackpool Rock to Ebeneezer Good via Glad to be Gay. 

It would also fit into a list of songs about police oppression with, say, Police and Thieves, Babylons Burning and Jah Wars by The Ruts ( actually almost everything by The Ruts) , Police Officer by Smiley Culture, Fuck Tha Police by NWA and so on. But I digress...