Imelda May.

What's Hot
markjmarkj Frets: 914
Went to see the superb Imelda May last night in Liverpool with my wife. She played  all her new album and quite a few of her older songs. She had two fine guitar players in the band, one who was playing a beaten up 70's Strat. For anyone else on the Forum going to see her your in for a treat. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Next week for me. Last time I saw her she still had Darrell in the band and was doing the full on rockabilly thing. 
    I've been underwhelmed by the new album although the vocal performance is still great so still should be a good show. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    tFB Trader
    saw the last tour with Darrell - Darrell on tour now as well, or soon plus new album on the way with Imelda on a track or two
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I would totally love to have her kick me hard in the balls.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    Very disappointed in her stance on fox hunting.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Just back. A lot of the new album and a fairly different vibe than in the past; although there were a few rockabilly types in the audience (if outnumbered by pensioners) I'm not sure anyone new to Imelda would have any idea she'd been known for that. 
    Very good 7 strong band with two very good guitarists (Donny Little and Oliver Darling I think) who got a lot of space to play. Not exactly cutting edge but, yknow, she can sing, they can play and a good time was had by all.
    Oh, bass amps visible on stage but no guitar amps to be seen so, presumably, Helix (some Yamaha guitars to be seen as well which might be an indicator)or similar. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    I think she "outgrew" the Rock-a-billy scene and living the Lifestyle of it which is a religion to Darryl.
    Probably made a conscious effort to go down a different route post separation.
    The Rockabilly thing was great but very niche and career limiting and she looks pretty good and has a voice for sure.
    The new direction has worked well and she has some good numbers.Versatile vocalist.
    Sadly Darryl is a great guitarist but his audience is very limited to 1950s Weekenders,Hayride and Festivals and I fear that without her fronting it with a bit of Sassiness and visual appeal it will dwindle - there just isn't a big enough market in the UK and although he's good he isn't Brian Setzer.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    Black Tears with Jeff Beck is superb, absolutely love that track

I've been playing in a rockabilly band the last year and I've been struggling to recreate some of Darryl's parts, his hybrid technique is amazing ... brilliant guitarist  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom