Show us your guitar family

What's Hot

Comments

• adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Neil said:
    Afraid I am reeling out the same old pic, but nothing has changed...

'09 Les Paul Junior, '04 Les Paul Standard Plus, '89 US Standard Strat.

photo DSCN2368jpg

Just this later addition missing from the main pic.

Wife bought it for me for Christmas, a '60's Classic Strat.

I love it.

photo DSCN2852jpg
    love it. not to different from my current collection. I have space for 2 more (well a lot more)
    I want a tele and a les paul standard in the collection (or perhaps custom shop)

later on a double a les paul junior double cut. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited July 2017
    That looks like a cerulean blue classic 60s. I have one, actually selling it at the moment, but as far as neck profiles go, probably one of the best necks I've had on a strat. The classic line neck and the fender japan neck profiles are some of my favourite.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    adamm82 said:
    here is my current small collection.

Kramer the 84, 2016 Proprietary Run Gibson Les Paul Junior, Roadhouse strat, 2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio 

Nice, didn't know Gibson did a run of juniors in 2016!
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    riscado said:
    That looks like a cerulean blue classic 60s. I have one, actually selling it at the moment, but as far as neck profiles go, probably one of the best necks I've had on a strat. The classic line neck and the fender japan neck profiles are some of my favourite.
    It is indeed Cerulean blue.

I love it and should really have bought a '50's version too when they were on special but the colours weren't so appealing.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    adamm82 said:
    Neil said:
    Afraid I am reeling out the same old pic, but nothing has changed...

'09 Les Paul Junior, '04 Les Paul Standard Plus, '89 US Standard Strat.

photo DSCN2368jpg

Just this later addition missing from the main pic.

Wife bought it for me for Christmas, a '60's Classic Strat.

I love it.

photo DSCN2852jpg
    love it. not to different from my current collection. I have space for 2 more (well a lot more)
    I want a tele and a les paul standard in the collection (or perhaps custom shop)

later on a double a les paul junior double cut. 
    I'd love a Les Paul Special double cut in TV yellow, just to fill out the collection.  =)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Garthy said:

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz300/bmswanwick/thumb_IMG_0138_1024_zpsjobotsdz.jpg

and a better one of the Charvel.

There's a couple of others in cases I can't be bothered to get out.
    I want that Charvel!!!
    That Charvel is lovely. 
    thanks @Garthy & @Jonathanthomas83 ; =) I got it for my 21st, now 20 years ago (but only got round to upgrading the pickups a couple of years ago!). 

@HarrySeven  - do you by any chance know what model this is?! It was 2nd hand from a shop in Gloucester, who said it was an ex-demo US built model. I think when I looked into it years ago it seemed to be a model 5.
    Gassage said:
    Oh go on then.

Top: LP Jr, 1973 Thinline, 1965 bitsa tele, Gibson R9

Bttom: 1960 Strat, Takamine Santa Fe; 1996  Fender CS  '56 Cunetto Strat, Gretsch Elliott Easton 5570, 1964 Sonic Blue Strat, Gibson R6.

not at all into vintage stuff (apart from vintage 80's stuff ;) ), but that 1960 trat is lovely. Great rack as well (and that's a nice rug too).
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beerbeer Frets: 24
    My v small family.... Squier Tele, Epiphone ES339, Fender Tele
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Garthy said:

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz300/bmswanwick/thumb_IMG_0138_1024_zpsjobotsdz.jpg

and a better one of the Charvel.

There's a couple of others in cases I can't be bothered to get out.
    I want that Charvel!!!
    That Charvel is lovely. 
    thanks @Garthy & @Jonathanthomas83 ; =) I got it for my 21st, now 20 years ago (but only got round to upgrading the pickups a couple of years ago!). 

@HarrySeven  - do you by any chance know what model this is?! It was 2nd hand from a shop in Gloucester, who said it was an ex-demo US built model. I think when I looked into it years ago it seemed to be a model 5.
    It's a 550XL.

Your Ibanez guitars are also lovely, I couldn't see them on my phone earlier.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Ok, I'll play! left to right - 

Guild Orpheum 12 Fret slope shoulder dread
    Gibson ES-347
    Bitsa Telecaster
    Fender Custom Shop Jazzmaster
    Bitsa Precision

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6594
    Here's the team. I have a few others that I'm letting go of, they're not really "family" more like "mates" so I'm not posting them here...

left to right. Trussart Steeldeville with TV Jones Powertrons and Bigsby, Gibson CS LPJ, Fender CS Nocaster. 

and this of course...

Late 40s Kay, with retro-fitted 60s Dearmond gold foil. 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017

I only clicked on this thread as I saw Harry was the last poster.... Somewhat disappointed that this was the post. 

I'll try and do better in future! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Garthy said:

It's a 550XL.

Yup - 550XL...you beat me to it! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    For the disappointed amongst you.. I am led to believe that @HarrySeven 's collection has only been photographed once before, by the Hubble Space Telescope.

Here's part of it..

14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    =)

cheers @Garthy@HarrySeven ; =) Always wondered, never got round to finding out!
    cheers @Garthy@HarrySeven ; =) Always wondered, never got round to finding out!

Science fact: The H7 sheds actually form part of a guitar black hole - it's intense gravitational field will eventually pull all guitars in...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    A bit of an update from my first post on this thread:
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1486139/#Comment_1486139

I've now helped HMRC get some more of their funds towards a new fancy coffee machine and in return got to get my hands on my new family member:

'56 Junior, '60 Junior, '66 Melody Maker
    0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vairishvairish Frets: 51
    I've been doing a bit of downsizing this year and I'm currently just rocking these two. Hope to grab a Suhr Classic T and a Suhr Modern soon, just looking for the right ones. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3426

L-R:
    • Steinberger GR-4 from '92 w/ 2 BKP Blackawks and a super switch to allow 5 options. The middle is an EMG that's been disabled. With the string adapter at the top I can use regular strings. BTW, this is a 25'5" scale guitar. I've also replaced the flaky R-Trem with a fixed bridge from J-Custom. It weighs a ton but this guitar has the most sustain of any guitar I ever played (the carbon neck probably helps too)
    • Ibanez RG550XH w/ Tone Zone (from @Anglian) and Chopper. Also changed the knobs and so on to make them match the sparkle red finish. Bought it used for £250 and the pickups was an extra £100 so for £350 total it's a great rock guitar.
    • Washburn N5. Built by @Del_Preston using Washburn parts and some he put together himself. Covers all the strat sounds as expected even with the Floyd, a 24.75' scale and the noiseless Bill Lawrence pickups.
    Not pictured, my Jooky Lingering Honey.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom