Turner acoustics.

ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
Wondering if any other fb member plays a Turner acoustic. I bought a Turner 64ce about 3 year ago really as a cheapish guitar which I could leave around and not be too bothered about any mishaps. To say i'm impressed is a bit of an understatement, the build quality and playability are exceptional for the money. It's my go to guitar every time and I can't understand why they weren't more popular. There's very little about them on the internet and used ones don't go for much money.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72235
    I don't own one, but I've always been impressed by them too whenever I've played one. They seem like slightly better-made, more interesting Tanglewood equivalents in terms of general spec and price, but also better-sounding. The being more interesting might explain why they haven't sold as well… the acoustic market is even more conservative than the electric one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    That looks very curvaceous, almost sensuous.
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360

I've had this one for the last 15 years or so, gigged the crap out of it, and pulled off the pickguard. Sounds brilliant, plays lovely and has taken a lot of abuse.
    Great guitar (which cost me £329 in 2002)
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Yes I gave £200 for mine about 4 years ago including hard case. It's unmarked never goes out of tune and the action is brilliant. Bit of a hidden gem judging by the few responses to this thread.
  • I've got a 94c (Koa back and sides) that I got in a trade deal with Terry Pack about 5 years ago. It's a very nice guitar.

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4773
    I had a Turner 44CE that I bought after reading the TG review back in 2002 I think. Was a good guitar but the finish had a few blemishes from new and the fretwork was only good not brilliant. I sold it when I tried a Freshman 400D which was insane value for money and plays like a dream. Sounded better too, that being said the Turner was way better value than anything else in its price range.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4087
    I'm currently craving a Turner 85
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    Very, very good value for money. I had an upper-end 800 series lefty for a while and was mightily impressed by it. Not a patch on Terry Pack's own label guitars, but they are more expensive.