ES335 feedback, live onstage.

harpdoodleharpdoodle Frets: 42
edited May 2017 in Live
My 1997 Blonde Dot re-issue ES335 is 'feedback friendly' live onstage. 

I used a 1962 Fender Strat for 20 years, then a 1976 Les Paul Deluxe to save wearing out my Strat beyond repair. I traded the Deluxe for my current workhorse, a 1997 Blonde ES335. 

Unlike my Strat and Les Paul's, this 335 offers feedback to use as a condiment, a compliment to it's 
already super sound and tone. 

I am keen to know if all 335 players manage feedback onstage, or if I have
just got lucky with this guitar and have gear that facilitates feedback. 

My two main pedals are not available over the Music Shop counter. 
They are handmade products I bought from Benjamin Craig, he builds amps and pedals
out of a small workshop in South Africa.

I use his Vintage 'G' pedal for rock rhythm guitar and a modded lead pedal from his 'stock' collection.  
He titled the modded pedal the 'WoodMAUL Distraction' .....and this is the one that delivers
outrageously manageable feedback. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    I've got a Yammy SA2200, and it is just the same - great singing feedback :)

R.
  • harpdoodleharpdoodle Frets: 42
    For all the years I used my old Strat and later, the Les Paul, they never did offer feedback so effortlessly. My Gibson 330 was the other side of the sonic fence, it would howl feedback, not something I could control or use.  
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    I use a 335 with a strat and Tele for most live gigs. I try to have the on stage sound very managable so feedback is rarely a problem/available on the 335. But occassionally I get to Jam with different lineups and then she sings sweet. I like that gentle puff of air on the hairs of your arm by the 'f' holes, magic.
    I remember the first time I played a 335, I got up on stage and borrowed the bands 335 and played F.Macs Dreams, the sustain and control was organic and sensational. I knew right then I would one day own a 335, it just took me 25 years to achive. Very happy bunny.

• harpdoodleharpdoodle Frets: 42
    I like the feedback I get. 
    I use it like an effect. 

Like ESBlonde, it took a few years for my 335 to find me
    ( how I came to acquire it was pure luck. Some might say 'fate')