Boss DD500 owners question!

What's Hot
AidanspaghettiAidanspaghetti Frets: 850
Hi all,
just wondering how close can the Boss DD500 get to an EL Cap for the tape tones?
Really miss my El Cap but at the price they are, the DD500 isnt too far away at all.....
Thanks...
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    theres a facebook group for the dd500. worth joining that if you haven't already.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5136
    ^ yep. They're collecting presets too (slowly), so might have something that's in the ballpark.

I haven't A/B-ed the DD-500 and the El Cap, but given the flexibility of the DD-500 I'd be surprised if it couldn't get you fairly close if you have the ears and the time to spend.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    There is an El Cap, and lots of custom tape delay, patches on a big google document that was collected from posts on TGP.  Some of them are really good, not sure how close they are to an El Cap, but they are very detail so should get you very close.  Some of the Boss pre-programmed patches are really good also.  
  • Thanks @bingefella!
    Kinda torn between jumping in the helix rabbithole or just buyig another delay - but I just spent an hour with my dd3 and Dl8 and theyre groovy together =)
    Really miss my El Cap though for the Hank vibe . . .

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom