New Vox Amps

What's Hot
olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
There is a new ADIO series, which are 50 watts (probably a lie) through 2 3 inch speakers. 

Controlled by Bluetooth Midi via iOS and Android. Has 23 models but only 11 stored on it at one time. Seems to have some fancy Korg Virtual Surround Sound. 

There is also the AC2 Rhythm which I assume is just a bigger AC1 Rhythm. 

Finally is the AC30 Radio which is an AM/FM radio which looks like an AC30, not sure why they released that, but it might be useful for some old people who still listen to the radio. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    There is a new ADIO series, which are 50 watts (probably a lie) through 2 3 inch speakers. 

Controlled by Bluetooth Midi via iOS and Android. Has 23 models but only 11 stored on it at one time. Seems to have some fancy Korg Virtual Surround Sound. 

Finally is the AC30 Radio which is an AM/FM radio which looks like an AC30, not sure why they released that, but it might be useful for some old people who still listen to the radio. 
    <rant> Nowt wrong with listening to the radio. And I'm not old. What else are you going to play in the car on a long journey? Faffing around with cd's or plugging in ipods doesn't cut it for me. I listen to that stuff at home. I want something different in the car and the radio gives me that. </Rant over>

But yes, I agree with your sentiment about the point of an AM/FM radio that looks like the iconic AC30.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    fandango said:

<rant> Nowt wrong with listening to the radio. And I'm not old. What else are you going to play in the car on a long journey? Faffing around with cd's or plugging in ipods doesn't cut it for me. I listen to that stuff at home. I want something different in the car and the radio gives me that. </Rant over>

But yes, I agree with your sentiment about the point of an AM/FM radio that looks like the iconic AC30.

I would listen to the radio in the car but where I live, there are either tons of trees to tons of buildings, so I don't get a great radio signal. 

3g and Spotify works better. 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2368
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Looks like a handbag in the still for that video...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Good to see some more outside the box thinking. Looks nicer than a Yamaha THR10 too.

And it can't sound worse than a Blackstar ID Core BEAM… surely! It does have a bit of a 'choked' sound in that demo though, especially on the dirty sounds.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    Looks nice - cost, availability...?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    £279 and June, apparently.

There's a site supposedly called "Music Radar" or something which seems to have some details...

http://www.musicradar.com/news/vox-launches-the-ultimate-multi-purpose-50w-amp-and-audio-solution-with-adio-air-desktop-amps

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    Looks like a THR10 wrapped in Vox cloth.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289

Funny looking things. Remind me of Faberge eggs.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    edited May 2017

I would listen to the radio in the car but where I live, there are either tons of trees to tons of buildings, so I don't get a great radio signal. 

3g and Spotify works better. 
    iPlayer Radio app on your phone -  can listen live or to previous shows. I think it allows downloads too
    ICBM said:
    £279 and June, apparently.

There's a site supposedly called "Music Radar" or something which seems to have some details...

http://www.musicradar.com/news/vox-launches-the-ultimate-multi-purpose-50w-amp-and-audio-solution-with-adio-air-desktop-amps
    Crikey- that's pricey for something like that.
    darthed1981 said:

Not that much - the Yamaha is £250 and doesn't have Bluetooth, and the Blackstar is £200 and doesn't have a good sound. And neither are anywhere near as powerful - assuming the 50W has any meaning in the real world.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Why isn't there a strap or at least a handle? Who carries amps around like this? 
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    edited May 2017
    Can they really get 50w out of if powered by aa batts?

They are listed on guitar guitar to preorder.

I think the handle is built into the casing according to the guitar guitar website.
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    They definitely look like handbags - I like the functionality and the demo sounds decent too. I think a lot of companies are missing a trick with small amps though not having a post FX loop for a looper. These type of amps are designed for practice, and most home players now use loopers as part of their practice/home jamming setups. Having to put a looper in front of the amp means you can only really play clean because the recorded loop sound will distort/change as you change the present/effects. I'd be prepared to pay a little extra for a practice amp with the features of this VOX but with an FX loop to allow me to use a looper.
    ICBM said:
    darthed1981 said:

Not that much - the Yamaha is £250 and doesn't have Bluetooth, and the Blackstar is £200 and doesn't have a good sound. And neither are anywhere near as powerful - assuming the 50W has any meaning in the real world.
    Yes I know, but just like those two its dead pricey for what it is.

You can get a Boss Katana 100 for that money, or a Marshall Code 50, or a Vox AC4.

You can also get or far less money little busking amps you can also use as a speaker, like the Vox Mini 3 and 5, the Blackstar Fly 3 and ID Core 10 etc.

Just my 2 cents though!!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    All comes down to how it sounds and feels for me, if it improves on the Yamaha and Blackstar equivelants then fair game, although not being able to have reverb and delay together is just daft.
  • jimificationjimification Frets: 161
    edited May 2017
    Why isn't there a strap or at least a handle? Who carries amps around like this? 
    A couple of straps would be good - would make it easy to carry over a shoulder...
    Yeah it's one great thing about the Microcube, it has strap buttons on it so you can use a guitar strap to carry it if you like. Sure it doesn't sound as good as some newer stuff but it's basically bomb proof as a travel amp
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Sorry, but I just dont get these tabletop amps with small speakers. The THR10 left me cold, as did the Blackstar versions. For what these things cost you are way better off with a proper amp that has a decent size speaker.  A Boss Katana costs way less and from all reports would kick the ass of any of these table top amps. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom