Chris Cornell RIP

What's Hot

Comments

• bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1904
    I'm not usually bothered about celebrity deaths, but Soundgarden are part of the soundtrack of my life. Bad business. RIP fella.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  There would be a serious chance of some man tears if I listened to Say Hello 2 Heaven right now

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • absolutpepperabsolutpepper Frets: 222
    Terribly sad news.  I used to own one of the Cornell 335s (great guitar btw).  It was one of the first in the run with the signed pickguard.  When I sold it I kept the pickguard and have it framed on the wall in my home studio.  Gonna go home tonight and blast some Badmotorfinger and have a wee look at the guard.  RIP Chris.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Wow what a bit of upsetting news this is, Soundgarden are one of my favourite bands and he was such a unique and powerful singer. You can tell his voice a mile off. I was just listening to Audioslave earlier this week, really gutted about this and it's so unexpected.

:(

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    :(

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2366
    Last night...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited May 2017
    No way!

What a talent.  Inspirational on a level all of his own.

He always struck me as a bit out of this world, mind you.  Guess he was too good to stay for too long.

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Saddened to hear of the passing of Chris Cornell.

Known for being the voice of Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and Audioslave as well as having a solo career... Only 52, so young.

His representatives have called his death untimely and unexpected.

He was currently on tour in the US. It is believed that Soundgarden were to have a new album out by the end of the year.

RIP.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    This is a shock.  RIP Chris.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    RIP Chris.

Ive enjoyed many an hour listening to him over the years, such a shame.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    RIP.
  • Was lucky enough to see him with soundgarden in 1992 and with Audioslave in 2001

The best rock vocalist of a generation in my eyes 

Gutted

• FRockStarFRockStar Frets: 140
    Wow. Another one I did not see coming. Another Search Light Soul gone.. Had a tear in my eye walking home from Sainsbury's. 

Leaves us with so much good music. Two albums that meant a lot to me were Badmotorfinger and Superunknown. BMF brings back good memories of starting bands, meeting good mates and going out in the college & uni days. A great record that was grunge, was rock, was doom.. but was so much more and transcended all those labels. Just one badass album!.. And Superunknown helped me through some very tough times later on down the line. A many-layered creation that still stands strong today. 

"I'm A Search Light Soul they say
    But I can't see it in the night
    I'm only faking
    When I get it right"

Peace X

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
    Strat54 said:
    Last night...

He's not right in this video. You can tell something is off here. Given the renewed commitment to Soundgarden and wife and kids, I doubt it would be suicide (although you never do know) I'm wondering whether it was a freak heart attack or something.

I'm deeply saddened by this loss. Was very lucky to see them play in Paris for the King Animal tour. What a band.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Fuck. 
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited May 2017
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    WTF? Real shock
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490

Wherever he's gone they just got one hell of a singer 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'd gone off him a bit because somebody I hate likes him so much, but this is like a punch to the stomach. I just blast Jesus Christ Pose and got a lump in my throat
    My V key is broken
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Strat54 said:
    Last night...

He's not right in this video. You can tell something is off here. Given the renewed commitment to Soundgarden and wife and kids, I doubt it would be suicide (although you never do know) I'm wondering whether it was a freak heart attack or something.

I'm deeply saddened by this loss. Was very lucky to see them play in Paris for the King Animal tour. What a band.
    There's loads of clips from last nights show online, watched that one and might work my way through the rest later. Unfortunately Rolling Stone on twitter are reporting the police are investigating it as a possible suicide!  :'(